free website stats program Gerbing Clothing | Harley Davidson Forums

Gerbing Clothing

Gerbing heated clothing is well received by many who ride in serious cold. Not only have Harley riders and dealers been using them, but BMW riders and dealers as well. Add to the adjustable controls, multiple wiring harnesses and full selection of "modular" interlinking designs it is well engineered and reliable. See this link regarding the gloves vs heated grips issue as well:

http://www.hdtimeline.com/general_h...-keeping_hands_warm_during_winter_riding.html

Wife and I both use the heated jacket liner and the G3 gloves... ride year round... does not get that cold here but riding in hight 30s or low 40s very comfortable. Best investment we think for our riding habit!

I have the G3 gloves, best thing I ever did. Much better IMO than the heated grips.

Been looking at those....Gerbing has a new glove, T5.....suppose to be better....It doesn't take much to keep me warm when I ride, but this year, I have to travel further for work, and when I travel further lately, since it is not freezing out as of yet, have felt my hands feel really cold.....I am serious about getting the gloves, may be the next best purchase I ever make, besides getting my Street Glide!

I have the whole set, gloves, pants & jacket liner. A bit of a hassel to put it all on and connect, but what a world of difference when you get rolling. I can ride easily in the 30's with them, can make it in the 20's, but have to really want to be out there if in the 20's.

WHM 1, I noticed you and your wife use both the jacket liner and gloves. Question I have is, how do you hook all up? Do you have two separate units connected to your battery or do you run with only one and some sort of splitter?

I currently have a 2008 FLHTCU and have one adapter from the battery for my jacket/gloves. Would like to find out if I need another adapter connected to the battery for my wife's gear, or can I run a splitter to run both her's and mine off of same adapter. My concern is the overall load given the one adapter only has one inline 15 amp fuse.

I plan to contact Gerbing today and run this by them, but any info you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

WHM 1, I noticed you and your wife use both the jacket liner and gloves. Question I have is, how do you hook all up? Do you have two separate units connected to your battery or do you run with only one and some sort of splitter?

I currently have a 2008 FLHTCU and have one adapter from the battery for my jacket/gloves. Would like to find out if I need another adapter connected to the battery for my wife's gear, or can I run a splitter to run both her's and mine off of same adapter. My concern is the overall load given the one adapter only has one inline 15 amp fuse.

I plan to contact Gerbing today and run this by them, but any info you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

My wife rides her own bike... sorry if I was not clear. I have heard where you can ride 2 up and both suit up but I do not know enough to say anything on that.

WHM 1, thanks for the quick answer. However, I just got off the phone with Gerbing regarding my question and they advised that both the rider and passenger needed to have the battery adapter and separate controllers.

So that is the official response from the manufacturer for anyone that may have the same question.

Thanks again for the come back!!

Back