free website stats program Fuel mileage | Page 8 | Harley Davidson Forums

Fuel mileage

My milage seems to be all over the place. However, on road trips it appears to be averaging 41 mpg. It gets better mileage when I'm pulling the Bushtec trailer for odd an reason. I can get around 46 while pulling with a average load. I do seem to run the rpm at approx 3k to 31k most of the time so that I don't lug it down. I've never been able to figure that one out! (My mapping is posted on this site)

The bike is a 2007 SE Ultra Classic Electra Glide (Jester Biker) with SERT w/custom mapping, SE Muffler (4") and SE Air filter system. Other than that it's stock. In looking at the graphs, it appears that I'm an average John! :D
Ugly John

My milage seems to be all over the place. However, on road trips it appears to be averaging 41 mpg. It gets better mileage when I'm pulling the Bushtec trailer for odd an reason. I can get around 46 while pulling with a average load. I do seem to run the rpm at approx 3k to 31k most of the time so that I don't lug it down. I've never been able to figure that one out! (My mapping is posted on this site)

The bike is a 2007 SE Ultra Classic Electra Glide (Jester Biker) with SERT w/custom mapping, SE Muffler (4") and SE Air filter system. Other than that it's stock. In looking at the graphs, it appears that I'm an average John! :D
Ugly John

Could it be because when you are pulling the trailer your throttle is more constant and your not twisting it to play a bit?:D

Might have a thought there! I do have a tendency of having a wrist that has a twitching throttle motion. :D
UglyJohn

I have a 09 Ultra with a TFI, Jack Pot Pipes and a SE Air Cleaner. I have yet to break the 40 MPG. Normally I get 37 MPG highway. I drive about 75 MPH on average using high octane fuel. I guess this is OK? I don't ever see 6th gear to at least 70 MPH as it just does not seem to need it till then and I hate to bog it down.

My last 2 tanks with mostly city driving have been right at 41mpg.

I've got almost 3k miles on the bike. Up until I hit about 2500 miles I was a constant 36mpg.

I don't really know what to attribute the increase to. The only change I made was to switch to M1 VT in the crank case, Spectro in the trans and Amsoil in the primary, but I would hesitate to claim that's the reason for more mpg.

I'd rather think that the engine has passed the "break-in" point and that has more to do with it.

The only mod is some Khrome Werks slip-ons.

I have an 09 FLSTC all stock. I only have 730 miles on it. The best I have gotten so far is 35mpg. Makes no difference how I ride it. My longest ride was last week it was 220 miles, interstate all the way with about 10 miles in town ridding. Interstate travel was at 70 mph in 6th gear with a downshift when going up some of the hills. I hope it gets better after it is broke in.

Just passed 4,000 miles on my 09 Road Glide. Stage 1 and SE slip-ons. I ride pretty conservatively and am getting 44 mpg.

2003 FLSTCI
Stage 1
Screaming Eagle Pipes
K&N Filter
40.3 MPG for last four months, 4000 miles

UPDATE: I had a chance for some highway miles (finally!) last weekend.

Made a trip to the coast....about 180 round trip.....average 51 mpg. :)

Back