free website stats program Fuel mileage | Page 9 | Harley Davidson Forums

Fuel mileage

I tweaked at my carb until i got 38.. Seemed like most of the fuel economy is in the pilot circuit. Did a lot of hit and miss jetting getting it tuned in. Seems like if the pilot circuit is rich you will get poor mileage, too lean and it will cough. I'm thinking 38-42 is going to be about the best i can get with open drag pipes. Right now i'm looking for a good 2 into 1 exhaust. I think its going to help it run more efficient.

41.97 :s

I am using Road Trip on my iPhone.

Vista California to Portland and back. Total of 2800 miles. Loaded with camping gear, tent, sleeping bags, coffee, stove, fuel, clothes, leathers, and some of my wife's stuff.

103ci hot rodded motor and mixed mountains, coastal highway, and large freeway. I got 41.97 miles per gallon over the whole trip.

Spent $193.84 dollars on gas
$24.23 dollars a day
$0.074 cents per mile
$3.098 average cost per gallon
155.4 miles average between fill-ups. (did stretch it once to 199 miles)

41.97 :s

I am using Road Trip on my iPhone.

Vista California to Portland and back. Total of 2800 miles. Loaded with camping gear, tent, sleeping bags, coffee, stove, fuel, clothes, leathers, and some of my wife's stuff.

103ci hot rodded motor and mixed mountains, coastal highway, and large freeway. I got 41.97 miles per gallon over the whole trip.

Spent $193.84 dollars on gas
$24.23 dollars a day
$0.074 cents per mile
$3.098 average cost per gallon
155.4 miles average between fill-ups. (did stretch it once to 199 miles)

Nice job James! Quite a little ride you took! ;)

I lived in Vista and Temecula in the mid-70's when I was stationed at CamPen.

Temecula had a pop of about 300 at the time. I worked 4 nites a week at one of two gas stations in town. Lived right behind it in my wifes uncles rental. The Long Branch was 1/2 block away.

Semper Fi!

06 FLSTC, I get 33-36 mpg in the winter commuting, I the summer i get 42 -45mpg commuting, cruising in the foothills I'll get 44-45mpg, on a road trip last year I got 48-50 mpg. this is with Vance & Hines big shot longs, Arlen Ness big sucker stage 1 air filter, paower commander III USB dyno tune. this year I'm going on a longer road trip with more load to Glacier Nation Park ,Montana. After that trip I will Compare for last years trip.

Recent 3900+ mile round trip from home to the Okanagon area in BC on my '09 Ultra, I averaged 51.9 mpg imperial, low of 43.8 and high of 61.2 mpg imperial (43.2 mpg US , low of 36.5 and high of 51 mpg US). Mostly highway with the worst mileage occurring in the Okanagon area of BC with construction delays and slowing to a crawl in places.

Riding 2-up with tour pak full and a 10 lb bag on the trunk rack filled with rain gear. Highway speeds were usually under 70 mph. Bike has stage 1 with Supertrapp SE slipons.

Day trip riding solo from home to Minitaki Ontario just before this trip, I got 59.5 mpg Imperial.

The best I had been getting is around 36 or so. At 1150 miles I changed oil and took a 217 mile run and got 40.9. I don't know if the oil had anything to do with it or if it's just the break in time.

I have a 2005 Night Train, stage one, DFO and Bassani Snake Charmers. I get between 30 and 35 mpg, mostly city riding.

05 rkc rinehart true dual factory download
best iv seen is 48mpg riding easy mostly town roads on my way to work.,
and 42mpg romping it on the weekend riding with buddies.
i was suprised to se 48 out of a big bike , my sporty got 50ish

Back