free website stats program Fuel mileage | Page 6 | Harley Davidson Forums

Fuel mileage

Well, not as good as most, but better than some.
01 EG Classic with around 63K miles. riding varies, from puttering around town for half a tank then back and forth to work on the interstate running 75-80mph. Lowest was 35.5 and best has been 39.5 mpg. All stock, no mods, TC88.
I believe that keeping my rpm's in 5th gear around 2900 (about 65mph) i get the best mileage.

Well, that's better!
Rode with group, twisty country roads. seldom over 2700 rpm. Averaged around 52mph and 2000rpm. got 47mpg. i guess twisting the throttle to stay up with the fast lane really does suck the gas.

FINALLY got to do my first organized ride----a poker run for a cancer patient. Had been getting 36-40 mpg around town/work commute. Did 120 miles on this trip.Sporty got 50.4 mpg with the windshield on. Mostly back country roads 45-65 mph with the last 15 miles on the highway doing an avg of 65-75mph. Can't wait to do it again. Tracy

03wideglide
carb jetted
samson pipes
about 120miles to a tank(with out using the reserve)
some in town some open road
no burn outs or anything silly like that

Some updates since my last post of 8/08.
Roller chain conversion
Andrews 26N cams
Mobil 1 V-Twin
Arlen Ness Big Sucker
Dobeck TFI
V&H slip ons

Average still 45 mpg

I haven't been getting great mileage lately,but I think it something to do with the fact that I have been testing the rev limiter!:D

If you believe in reincarnation, one thing I wouldn't want to come back as is one of your bikes! :lolrolling

Back