free website stats program Engine Dies And Runs In Spurts | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Engine Dies And Runs In Spurts

Well i check for a leak inside the fuel tank there is no hissing or anything with the pump, i also wiggled the front injector line while it was idiling nothing changed, what puzzles me is it only acts up under a load it revs fine in neutral, should i try to resplice the front injector and re solder it in the plug?????????????

I washed my 06 FXDCI the other day and when I turned the switch to run my fuel pump made a hissing sound, completely different sound from usual, I started the bike and it sputtered a few times which it has never done then ran fine the rest of the day. Could the fuel line be my problem? I removed my gas cap and tried to hear or see bubbling in the tank but couldn't see anything, my filler is in the middle of my tank. Does anyone have the part number for the new kit?

I wish I had known about this tip when I had my problem. The symptoms were definitive. You done good Mr. Data.

Enjoy,
Rich P

That's why most of the mods have the link in the bottom of every post they make , to try to get the members to look in the self help area. :D

Just a tip that I read after I'd changed my hoses was to take the old hoses and split them and wrap them arond the new fuel lines to insulate them from rubbing in the tank. Of course I didn't find this out till I'd allready done mine. I never had any perfomance problems with mine, but I could hear the difference in the fuel pump when I ws waiting on it to build pressure before I started it.

Many have done that with the old hose but the replacement is a bit shorter and it doesn't contact the tank after the replacement.

Can't hurt to do it anyway.

After reading all this I am sure that this is my problem. It always occuring after 2 gallons were used is a sure give away and the fuel pump fuse diagnostic is cool. Also reinforcing the new with the old...very good thread and yes it was the banner under the moderators post that got me on this side of the site. Nice site, donation deserved!

Yup, sure enough. I'd upload a photo but it would look exactly like the ones already posted here. She runs like a top again. Thanks for the diagnosis :D

Hey,I am having the same problem with my 2003 Ultra Classic,fuel injection.I am getting no fault codes. I changed the kit in the tank,still had problem. Changed fuel injection wiring harness and injectors,even thought I may have a cell going bad in battery,changed it.When it happens the voltage on the gauge does not drop. I thought the vented cap may be bad,so I tried riding with it a little loose and it did not help.Any thoughts? I am at a loss. Thanks,Credeation:coffee

Back