free website stats program Engine Dies And Runs In Spurts | Page 8 | Harley Davidson Forums

Engine Dies And Runs In Spurts

Ordered new injector connector from Ballenger. After including photos and describing the problem here was their recommendation:

This connector matches the injector (CONN-75570):
Home GM Delphi / Packard - Bosch Type EV6 Injector Connector Kit

It would be simplest to get a connector kit like CONN-75570 and double crimp the wire in one housing or to get a pigtail like CONN-85570 and then use step down butt connector like this Home 22-18 gauge step to 16-14 gauge butt connector and adhesive lined heat shrink
Home 1/8 in. Diameter x 6in. Black 3:1 Adhesive Lined Polyolefin Heat Shrink Tubing, 110 C

Should get the parts next week...

Ordered new injector connector from Ballenger. After including photos and describing the problem here was their recommendation:

This connector matches the injector (CONN-75570):
Home GM Delphi / Packard - Bosch Type EV6 Injector Connector Kit

It would be simplest to get a connector kit like CONN-75570 and double crimp the wire in one housing or to get a pigtail like CONN-85570 and then use step down butt connector like this Home 22-18 gauge step to 16-14 gauge butt connector and adhesive lined heat shrink
Home 1/8 in. Diameter x 6in. Black 3:1 Adhesive Lined Polyolefin Heat Shrink Tubing, 110 C

Should get the parts next week...
Good on you, seems to me I have seen these on GM cars, pretty sure any way Let us know

My bike had the same problems and after reading this post, thought I would have a line in the tank of the same condition. Nope, turns our my culprit were two BAD SPARK PLUGS. I had just changed them one week ago. This I discovered after pulling the fuel pump and checking the lines, no defect found even though I decided to change the fuel filter thinking that might be the problem. Nope again. After putting it all back together and test riding the problem came back. So back to the garage and installed the old set of plugs, guess you can get a bad set of plugs now and again. I did find that the quick disconnect on the tank is prone to having a bad O Ring. When hooking it back up I had a leak, changed the O Ring in the body of the disconnect and leak fixed. The "green" air conditioning o rings do work well by the way. Seems the O Ring wore on one section and would not seal.

I checked all the things you stated & still have sputtering & bike dying issues,starting to lean towards fuel pump. All lines were replaced before I bought the 95 ultra classic 8 yrs ago Fuel pump as well. It will start up & run pretty well for a short time then rpms drop & it runs sporadically ??? Ya think I'm going it the right direction ?? Any help appreciated !!!

I would check the temperature sensors (1 in the front head and 1 in the intake manifold) and there related wiring. Throttle position sensor also.

Cleaning throttle body and IAC may also help.

Last edited by a moderator:
I checked all the things you stated & still have sputtering & bike dying issues,starting to lean towards fuel pump. All lines were replaced before I bought the 95 ultra classic 8 yrs ago Fuel pump as well. It will start up & run pretty well for a short time then rpms drop & it runs sporadically ??? Ya think I'm going it the right direction ?? Any help appreciated !!!

I would check the temperature sensors (1 in the front head and 1 in the intake manifold) and there related wiring. Throttle position sensor also. I would check the fuel pressure first JMO

Cleaning throttle body and IAC may also help.
Harley Davidson Forums
Have a look here for more info on your injection system, the 2 are very different

Last edited by a moderator:
Back