free website stats program Easy Clutch Adjustment Method | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Easy Clutch Adjustment Method

NO....not at all. Just starts to grab at close to 1" from the bar...say 3/4" to 1" or so.

I'm using Spectro 75/140.

I let it warm up a bit and it's quieted down now on the shift. I think I'm good.

Thanks for all the input and patience guys! :)

What are you running in the Primary for lube and is the level correct?

Spectro there too. Correct amount as by the manual, 32 ozs.

Spectro primary lube or the tranmission lube?
HD do clunk when you put them in grear.
Wet change of PRIMARY is 38 oz by the book not 32 oz
Most riders add between 36-38 oz.
The tranmission is 32 oz.

From what I have read, like Smitty901, I am concerned that you may have 75-140w tranny oil in the primary. If so, this would explain some of your clutch issues.:(

I've got the Spectro Primary Chaincase lube in the primary case. Spectro 75/140 in the trans and M1 VT in the crankcase.

I just switched to the Spectro in the primary a short time ago, so I'm sure I didn't mix up any fluids. Did it seperate from the trans and crankcase.

Things seem to be fine now....just need to road test.

Thanks again for all the input and patience.

Looks like your using a straight weight 85 which is more like it. I think your good to go. I wish I knew what weight Formular+ was. It does not say on the bottle and when you shake it, it feels like a 20w/50 can of oil. I have to do some research.

I know when I am shifting inside the garage with 5 walls around me, it sounds awful loud when shifting.

I know when I am shifting inside the garage with 5 walls around me, it sounds awful loud when shifting.

This could very well have added to the initial perceived "bang" when shifting into gear.

It now doesn't seem any more noticeable than before I adjusted it.

A road test should confirm I'm good at this point.

Back