free website stats program Ear Plugs? | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

Ear Plugs?

WHAT?????HUH????I have noticed some days my hearing just isn't there after riding w/out plugs.I definitely wear 'em when I take off the windshield.

I worked my way up through the construction industry and now spend my days trying to convince people who are new to the industry to take care of their bodies. I do a hearing loss prevention presentation from time to time, and I'm a perfect example of why plugs are needed WAY more than we ever think to use them.

My children all talk loud. It's not that they want attention, it's that they think it's normal because that's the way I talk. Most hearing loss is cumulative, and in most cases, once it's lost you're not getting it back. Anything over 80db requires hearing protection in the workplace. And yes, my bike and probably most of yours operate at over 80db.

I'm new to riding and have just recently got my bike to a level that I trust on long rides. after an hour or two riding with my buddies, the noise is mind-numbing. Gotta have the plugs.

Joyflyin- I tried wrapping tape around my ears, but it made it really hard to see. Not to mention all the hair that came off my head upon removal.

Another reason why to is you wont hear some of those disconcerting rattles your bike makes over the bumps,or when your sat at t6he lights.I wear em on longer rides cause the traffic niose around me(especially on motorways)is more deafening than my ride,and mine wears SE2 pipes.

Joyflyin- I tried wrapping tape around my ears, but it made it really hard to see. Not to mention all the hair that came off my head upon removal.

LOL, I was wondering if anyone would really try that after I had read it. Glad you survived. :D

Well after reading this I've tried the ear plugs... What's worked for me is to cut the foam type in half. Then put them in just enough to stay. This blocks the wind and relieves the wind fatigue. On out latest rode trip I didn't need them until around 75 miles. After we had eaten I put them in and the ride back was much more comfortable...

no ear plugs here.....
How can anyone who lives in a semi populated area wear them?
Sirens, intersections.......no way man!

Lost a good portion of my hearing in years past working in factories and can't aford to loose any more I wear plugs on long rides. If I wear my full face that helps the noise level. I only wear it in cold weather, otherwise I use a half helmet.

After a life of welding and fab (angle grinding steel plate is the worst), millwright, and playing lead guitar in rock n roll bands, I dont have much hearing left. I havent even thought about wind noise, never bothers me. I'm going to try the plugs though, cause I cant realy afford to lose more.

I wear earplugs every time the ole lady gets on me about being gone for to long. But not usually when I'm riding.

Back