free website stats program Ear Plugs? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Ear Plugs?

I work in a manufacting facility that has several large machine's. I use ear plugs there & also when I ride.. When you get ringing in your ears you need to wear them. Since I started using them all the time at work and on rides the ringing stopped.. I carry at least a 1/2 doz. of them in my bags. :naughty

I wear a FF helmet and wear ear plugs any time I'm on a road where I'll travel over 50 to cut down on the wind noise. Had a hearing problem a couple of months ago. The ear doctor who treated me had 3 bikes and he said he always wears ear plugs. I wear them in my left ear when I'm driving my vette with the top off because of the wind noise. I even wear plugs when riding my lawn tractor because of the engine noise. I'll do whatever is necessary to protect my hearing.

After years of Harleys, handguns,hot rods, race cars,power tools, airplane engines, and a nagging ex-wife, I can't hear anything any way...............

I mostly use them when wearing my half-helmet, but have started using them more with my FF. The ones I use filters out the wind noise, but let's me hear traffic around me. Actually, I think I can hear my stereo better with the earplugs in than out.

Here's a link to the ones I use. They're called Windtamers, and are one of the most comfortable ones I've found that are not custom made.

WindTamer™ Motorcyclist Ear Plugs - Motorcycle Ear Plugs

I find using ear plugs greatly reduces fatigue and helps keep concentration sharper.Plus later on when you're sitting down,you dont have that ringing in your ears.

I wear a half helmet in the summer and full in the winter. I wear earplugs when I'm going to be riding on long trips at high speeds. When I'm just cruising around town I don't wear them.

Tried the expanding foam kind yesterday for the first time and loved them. I rented a bike in San Diego and all they have are the half helmets so I made a point of bringing some ear plugs to try. I wear a 3/4 with faceshield at home but I'm going to start wearing plugs with that one too.

When you get ringing in your ears you need to wear them.

For many, that will be too late. Ringing in the ears in an indication of tinnitus, which can be permanent and pretty devastating for some. (Can lead to depression, loss of focus, etc. in severe cases.)

I use soft moldable (sort of soft wax) plugs that are reasonably comfortable and really cut down on wind and engine noise, but allow me to hear traffic. It makes for much more enjoyable longer rides.

And yes, I can't wait to get them out. But, I figure keeping my hearing (and what little sanity I have left) is worth it!

I still can hear dead people talking to me !!

Loool :D

jokes aside I think it’s a necessary when you ride, especially if u have an open high ways and nothing to reduce the wind in open spaces no mater what helmet you have on

Back