free website stats program Dropped the bike. Ouch! | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Dropped the bike. Ouch!

Thaks trike lady - doesn't hurt to have a little refresher every now & then. Especially now that we're dusting off the bikes. Went out this weekend & there's still alot of sand on the roade here in NE so be on your toes...

like Iceman said, never hurts to have a reminder. at one point there was a video posted of a 25yr girl who at the end of some great riding picked up a dresser.

Last edited:
TripleJ:
This is the best video I have ever seen. Thanks.

I will practice tomorrow. I will make sure to put some rags under the bike before I lay it down.

M Khan

Two kinds of folks, those who have dropped their ride and those who are going to drop their ride.

Bodeen

My Sporty went over in my garage once as my foot sliped when I was moving it (In shorts and flip flops). I was able to pick it back up, but no more flip flops even when I'm moving the bike around.

This past Friday, I was out on my RG, I hit a pothole in a parking lot with fresh blacktop (not hardend yet) as I made the turn and the front tire almost went out from under me. Not a good feeling, but quick reaction helped.

Three times in three years. Each time, I wasn't really moving..twice, the engine wasn't even running. Ego smashed but no real damage to the bike. Was able to pick up the bike once..twice, needed help. All three times, my fault in one way or another. Twice, while just moving the bike, I was looking down ( look down-go down..as Jerry Paladino's DVD says). The third time, doing a 90 degree start, I didn't turn my head to where the bike needed to go. I concentrated on the opposite side of the road, saw I wasn't going to make the turn and tapped the front brake. I did have a bit of forward motion and that did put a small scrape on my crash bar. It hurts the ego badly and causes me some angst with stops. I've had bikes since I was a kid but this is my first Heavyweight ride. I'd love to have the luxury of real serious practice with a bike that is 'company owned' and not my own pride and joy.

I was movig my Ultra to wash it, for some reason just forgot to put the kickstand down, over she went. been riding for 44 years all H-d on the road.

Wasnt even drinkin yet , man I felt bout an inch tall lookin at the bike rolled over like an elephant.:shock

Is the guy in the vid geting on and off the bike on the wrong side??

Thanks for sharing the video Trike Lady. It helps to see the proper picking up of the bike so that a individual can do it.
As to the correct mounting and dismounting of the bike, I suspect this guy may not be from America.

Pulled into Sheetz gas station Misses got off the back. Did not put kickstand down all the way and when I was getting off bike it was falling over. Glad the Misses was there to help me right the bike... Boy the ego took a hit that day! Then I needed to cycle ignition for the tip over sensor canceled ignition and would not start....

Back