free website stats program Dropped the bike. Ouch! | Harley Davidson Forums

Dropped the bike. Ouch!

anjumkha

Been riding since 1976 but I am new to HD. Today, around dusk while stopping at a red light my left leg slipped and the bike slowly went down. No damage.

Boy, I was not able to lift it even with the butt technique. I was fortunate, a guy in a Jeep waived me indicating to stop lifting. He made a U turn. And helped me lift the bike.

He said, "These Police bikes are a (EDIT) when down".

I was red faced at what I had done..

M Khan

Please read this...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
Ouch is right glad you are OK and you said the bike was ok to, went down slow, It's been awhile since Ive had a bike on it's side and luckily not my harley. Curious as to what the butt technique is. Tim

Been riding since 1976 but I am new to HD. Today, around dusk while stopping at a red light my left leg slipped and the bike slowly went down. No damage.

Boy, I was not able to lift it even with the butt technique. I was fortunate, a guy in a Jeep waived me indicating to stop lifting. He made a U turn. And helped me lift the bike.

He said, "These Police bikes are a (EDIT) when down".

I was red faced at what I had done..

M Khan

Please read this...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

usually hurts the ego more:( glad your ok. did your feet slip on sand or anything else on the ground. what kind of soles do your boots have?? might need new boots:D

Thaks trike lady - doesn't hurt to have a little refresher every now & then. Especially now that we're dusting off the bikes. Went out this weekend & there's still alot of sand on the roade here in NE so be on your toes...

Happens to us all tho some are probably not going to admit it, It helped me to stop drinking I call it my good luck drop:D

Back