free website stats program Deer Horn ... Yes or No | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Deer Horn ... Yes or No

If these dear horns/whistles really worked, the insurance companies would be giving them away left and right to their customers to decrease claims, in both cars and bikes. Just my opinion. Stay safe, the rutting season is closing in.:):)

If these dear horns/whistles really worked, the insurance companies would be giving them away left and right to their customers to decrease claims, in both cars and bikes. Just my opinion. Stay safe, the rutting season is closing in.:):)

Now THATS a good point!!!!:newsmile037:

the point on the 139 db horn is that you gotta see em so yeah ya gotta be paying attention its not a given your gonna see em first..so regardless ya gotta be attentive..but when i have seen em and blew the horn they headed back into the wood..and trust me in Missouri and where i live day a or night ya see a deer. almost daily...geez maybe the Missouri Deer hunters are very good ...lol never thought of that!..lol Just the Deer whistles..don't work coz they did not even stop when i went by em and had the confounder Deer whistles ..was like i was calling em...lol

And after all the above information, don't forget that deer run all the way across the road only to think they didn't make it or forgot something and run back across, that is how it is.

My system is more reactive, but I just toot the horn a few times when I see a deer. This works in the cage also as it gives the deer a sense of the direction you are comming from, even if your lights have blinded them. I think my exhaust is also loud enough that they don't tend to come at me (yet).

They have been on the market for years and they don't work. I have been in the Law Enforcement Business for years in rural Manitoba where there are skads of deer. This time of year they are moving all the time and as the rut gets closer it only gets worse. I know of four bikes that have actually been hit by a deer running into the side of it, rather than the bike running into the deer. At least one of these accidents occurred in the middle of the day. Use caution and pay attention to the road and ditches particularly early morning and evenings. Slow down at night. The only thing that I find works on them is my 7mm:D

We have alot of deer in my area, They use them on all the State Police car`s so they must work.

I don't trust em. I prefer to keep my eyes peeled and don't ride a lot at night in deer country. But then the sun sets near midnight in the summer up here and as late as 8 pm in the fall.

A buddy had a deer whistle on his Fatboy and hit a deer in broad daylight on the road leading to my house to start a ride. In Arkansas, where the deer are thick, the whistle is just a false sense of security. Good Luck!

Hoopie glad you brought this up. I have no idea what a deer horn is but I am thinking about putting a deer whistle on but don't know if they work.

Has anyone used this before. If you have where did you put them? Pictures would me nice.

Thanks All

deer whistle work great been driving trucks for 26 years and not one deer yet knock on wood does the same thing you discribed about the horn but what works for me on the bike are my V-H bigshots couple twist on the throttle and off to the woods they go was the only thing that worked going through cloudcroft nm at night

Back