free website stats program Check Engine Light | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Check Engine Light

Woops, sorry, incorrect , not missing.

Do you have a security system and have you programmed a security bypass code into it using the directional signals?

Yes, do have the secutiry system on the King. All of the system communication functions do come throught the signal lights.

May be worth it to re enter the security code using the directional buttons and see if the code reappears again..

Hello sorry to hijack your post, Hey glider what about a 2000 road king? I did what you said as far as run switch and ignition swith and I get the codes 1 thru 10 they all say clr i have the same issue he has it seems to be a old fault but my speedo did not sweep and nothing lit up? any ideas. after i did go thru the codes i did get Cal 03 ? any help
thanks

Hey Glilder, long time no talk to. Went on an excursion to Arkansas last weekend, about 1,000 miles round trip. About 1/2 way through the trip the error message came back again (P1356). Any rate waited till I got home to mess with it. The code for the "no combustion in rear cyclinder message came back again. This time, I wrote down the part number the computer spat out after the error message, called 3 different HD, dealers and this part # is not in the dealers computers, nor is there an "item" for the number. What do you think about that, just curious. Also at the end of the spectrum, this message came out as well, "no rsp".

With the no combustion code coming up, check the plug itself, maybe replace it and also check the spark plug tip where the wire snaps on to it to see if it is tight or not. Also the plug wire itself to see if it is snapped all the way on to the plug. All of these issues will set that code.

Lastly a bad wire in the injector harness right near the injector will also give that code usually associated with a miss.

Please fill in your profile with the bike info so I don't have to go back through the posts to find the bike info.
Thanks

Hello I am having the same problem also with my 04. Took it to the Dealership three times. The first two times they cleared the code. The last time they changed the plugs & wires and set the gap said that it was fixed. This past weekend rode it about 80 miles stop for gas light came back on when i got home i cleared it again. I read on here about the revised calibration do you think that will fix the problem? Thanks

Back