free website stats program Canadians not good neighbors anymore? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Canadians not good neighbors anymore?

$5.50 does not seem excessive. I paid $2.55 to travel 2 exits on the Pa. turnpike. And paid $2.55 again to go home. Could it be more of a usage fee than a deterrent. I know a passport to go to Canada would cost me approx $165.00.

I agree it's not much and won't stop me from going to the US. We (Canadians) pay the same tolls on bridges and roads as you folks do. The Whitehouse must be following Costco's policies, you have to pay to go in their stores to spend money. I believe that Mexicans will have to pay to enter also, that'll stop them. If they go ahead with this plan I hope they put a yearly fee in like it was when I trucked into the US, it was $5 a trip or $100 a year for unlimited trips. That $165 passport DBMG talks about would get you anywhere in the world, wouldn't it?

There are several places that you can cross that dosn't even have a gate or gaurds posted. One of them being in N.D.

I think there are several places to cross into N.D. that farmers know about but they are either dirt roads or turkey trails. I think the drones that fly the border out of Grand Forks would have you spotted before you hit the first town and the CSTA agents wouldn't be in a good mood when they discussed your crossing into the US.

Last edited by a moderator:
Geezer - Thanks for telling us about it. I had no idea.

In my opinion it's a bad idea. It's our choice to have security at the border. We should pay for it. Unless the border crossing itself cost money to build (such as a bridge) there should be no "toll". And $5 is an insult given that every Canadian already pays way more than that to help us fight the real security threat in the Middle East.

Bottom line: Its wrong!

This is one American who loves my northern Hockey lovin', gravy on fries eatin', real beer drinkin neighbors! Canada Rocks! Just please don't hog the center lane... LOL!

There just trying to get back the diff in rates..I went to niagara falls (canadian side) last june $20 american bought me $20 canadian,I thought thats not bad pretty good deal...until we left and found out $20 canadian bought $16.50 american? (EDIT) then later got my credit card bills....Oh well the falls were pretty street bands were good....we enjoyed ourselves...its only money....

Please read this...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think the fee is charged for land crossings. I believe it's for air travel only. It wouldn't be the first mistake I made.

Now, understanding the fees of an airline ticket require more than a college degree! Advertised $99 fares can end up being $200 or more....

Wonder how they came up with $5.50? Why did they not round it down or up? Why the extra $0.50?

The rose garden must require a more expensive brand of fertilizer. :lolrolling
I had to pay a fine to the state once, and the only way to do it was with a credit card over the phone. Then they charged me $5 for using a credit card. Governments are like that. I am surprised it wasn't $5.999/10

Back