free website stats program Calling all 2007 Nightster owners! | Page 7 | Harley Davidson Forums

Calling all 2007 Nightster owners!

I know this is a few posts back, but who in their right mind would ride a green bike. thats just asking for trouble. ANd I love Olive, it's a mean looking bike.

A dirty bike is a happy bike!! Just took mine out yesterday for the first ride of 08 and returned a bit gritty. If i wasnt superstitsious about green bikes i would have got the olive.

I know there are a few of us on this forum who have the new XL1200N.

How are they running, problems, modifications etc.?

I had my initial problem with corrosion but none since. "Trixie" runs like the wind and continues to amaze me. I have changed out the air cleaner and timing cover plates with the "Flames Collection" pieces and that looks awesome. I'm still shopping out other options and pieces. The flame theme is what I'm staying with. Bought the Drifter helmet from Bell and have a Flame Gremlin Bell hanging out front.

Haven't heard from Brian or any other recent purchasers...What's up?:cool:
Hello! Ordered my 1200n yesterday in Olive due in June. Great thread just joined. Besides praise and hellos I have nothing to offer! Before June I'm looking at getting a pretty basic parts group. V n H FuelPak and Shorts in black. SE A/C and some Nash 12" apes. If anyone has advice, too sence, or anything to offer on the first three let me know. As for the bars...anyone recommend good aftermarket controls (different thread maybe). Thanks in advance, I'll read and answer in accordance to the voices within.

Had my Silver/Black '07 since August. Had some electrical problems but now have 1300 miles and love it. Will be upgrading to V&H Shorties or Slip-Ons, Stage 1 and most likely FuelPak.

One question - how would you rate the loudness and/or deepness of the V&H Shorties on a Nightster?

1-10, 10 being loudest

1-10, 10 being lowest

I'm not planning on doing much with this bike's exhaust beyond these updates. I want to do some other stuff to the look, shocks, etc, maybe, but I think I'll be in great shape for a long time with the SS, Stage 1 and FuelPak. Only thing is I don't want it to be too loud and obnoxious for my neighbors and in some of the small towns I cruise through.

Basically, I want good sound and performance, but I don't want to be THAT guy.

One of my dealers suggested Rush SOs would put me around a 5-6 on loudness, but I'm concerned about blueing - one of the other dealers I use won't even deal with Rush.

Thanks for all the help, Hobbit. One more question for you.

How does this sound? 1.75 or 2.0 Rush Slip-Ons. SE Stage 1. HD Download.

Stealer said the install and download would be about 1.5 hours. I'd like to do some or all of it myself. Question I have is do I use the HD Download that dealer suggested, or go ahead and get the PCIII or something?

I read somewhere that the 1.75" are better because that's what the stock pipes are??

Thanks for all the help, Hobbit. One more question for you.

How does this sound? 1.75 or 2.0 Rush Slip-Ons. SE Stage 1. HD Download.

Stealer said the install and download would be about 1.5 hours. I'd like to do some or all of it myself. Question I have is do I use the HD Download that dealer suggested, or go ahead and get the PCIII or something?

I read somewhere that the 1.75" are better because that's what the stock pipes are??

I answered your PM but you didn't mention the fact of the 1 3/4 being the same as the pipe. With the 2" baffles the back pressure is reduced significantly and the engine will not run as good as it will with the 1 3/4 baffles.

08 1200c, have Vance & Hines slipons, stage 1 breather and a down load from the dealer.

Sound? THere is a car that is parked in the street in my neighborhood that when i pass the alarm goes off, not even loading the motor or accelerating, just driving by at 25mph. Did not think it was loud enough for car alarms but I guess there some more sensative than others.

Hello, I'm new here. I'm from Houston Texas and I just signed my life away on my new black nightster. They are doing the mini apes foward controls and stage 1 air and V&H black short shots. Like alot of people I don't like the grey engine. Good thing is I am a painter and as soon as I find out the best paint to use on it, it will get blasted matte black! Kinda thinking about white walls but would like to see one first.:rider

Back