free website stats program Calling all 2007 Nightster owners! | Page 9 | Harley Davidson Forums

Calling all 2007 Nightster owners!

Howdy! Picked up a Nightster last week (Flat Olive and Black) LOVE THIS Bike! Fast, nimble and turns heads everywhere I go. I plan on adding the HD Mini Apes to it immediately then add Vance and Hines Short Shots Staggered Black.

Question: Is it really important to add the Vance and Hines Fuel Pack when adding their pipes to your bike? Don't want to spend the $$ if it isn't a dramatic improvement.

Also, went to add a new Derby cover and the fist screw it tried to loosen stripped BAD, what is with this star pattern they use on some parts?

Howdy! Picked up a Nightster last week (Flat Olive and Black) LOVE THIS Bike! Fast, nimble and turns heads everywhere I go. I plan on adding the HD Mini Apes to it immediately then add Vance and Hines Short Shots Staggered Black.

Question: Is it really important to add the Vance and Hines Fuel Pack when adding their pipes to your bike? Don't want to spend the $$ if it isn't a dramatic improvement.

Also, went to add a new Derby cover and the fist screw it tried to loosen stripped BAD, what is with this star pattern they use on some parts?

You really should add some fuel to the mix when doing just pipes also. The star pattern is called a torx bolt that needs a special set of tools to remove. They are available in a sears store or other local hardware store.

Thanks, I appreciate the advice. I think I will let the dealer fix the stripped screw as I don't want to make it worse.

Happy Cruising gang!

Hi I have been riding for a few years but consider myself a newer rider. Just wondered your wifes feelings about the nightster. Can't decide on the 883low or the nightster. My husband thinks either would be fine. Just wondered if the nightster would be more than I need. Had a 650 savage as my first bike now own a ninja 500.But this ninja is so top heavy I really don't feel as comfortable as I would like. Eithe one of the sportster seem great. DEcisions decisions.

My wife loves the nightster. She is 5-2 and 120, handles the bike with no problem. She sat on the 883L, 1200L and then the nightster. The nightster was the best fitting bike for her. I didnt want her to get an 883, just because we spend a fair amount of time on the X-way.

What she loves most about the nightster is all the compliments and attention she gets with it. She has had so many people tell her how badd her bike is.

Installed my forward controls yesterday. I have to remember not to follow instructions. Had to learn the LONG way by removing and re-installing parts because the instructions were wacked. Took only 3 hours and they look/work GREAT. I will post some pictures soon as I can. Paid only $277 with shipping and they are perfect. Not a cramp in my leg all day! COOOOL!!!

Can you tell me where you got the forward controls?

Question: I am being told by my local dealership that there is not enough room for a Vance and Hines Fuel pack, has anyone added the fuel pack to their Nighster? Is this true or are they just trying to push their $495 version?

Thanks gang!

Question: I am being told by my local dealership that there is not enough room for a Vance and Hines Fuel pack, has anyone added the fuel pack to their Nighster? Is this true or are they just trying to push their $495 version?

Thanks gang!

Hey everybody, I'm new to the forum here, but here's my $.02 worth.

I've got an 08 Orange and Black Nighster that I purchased with Reinhart slip-ons and the stage 1 tuning download - no air cleaner chage. Friday, I replaced the Rineharts with V&H black shortshots, and put over 400mi on the bike this past weekend. Bike's running great, but I have not pulled the plugs yet to see how they look.

The download was $150 plus labor. I've been told that the Fuelpac will not work with the download installed.

Back