free website stats program Calling all 2007 Nightster owners! | Page 6 | Harley Davidson Forums

Calling all 2007 Nightster owners!

Not been a member long. Bought in January '08, 2007 nightster.
(for the wife but what a nice ride). I have yet to see another Blue and black bike. Any others out there

I have not seen another here in the states. I was told that they are only going to offer the blue and black in 07 and 08. maybe they are blowing smoke up my ???, but I hope they are not.

Hi ya there, im still waiting for my nightster to arrived in April 09 so ive been told.
How does the standard exhaust sound ...dont wont it too quiet of course.
Im also wanting to paint the crank case matt black .
Do you know if i have to run in the bike before i can upgrade the exhaust

Hey Kiwi, are you in the US? I was in my least favorite Harley stealers last week putting my butt and fingerprints all over their new bikes (cause they know I hate that particular dealership and I am very vocal about it and they have a pretty mean attitude about fingering up their new bikes) and they had 4 or 5 Nightsters on the showroom floor. Last year you couldn't find one anywhere here in PA, now that is gonna be all that you see. Salesman at the stealer said they are really tryin to push the 08 Nightster as so many dealers ordered so many cause they were in such demand.
Personally I hope they sit on the showroom floors. I know I'm gonna get blasted for saying this, but I hope 08 or 09 is the last year for the nightster, so they will be rare a few years down the road. If they keep pumping them out and having dealers push them like they are, everybody that walks into a Stealer not knowing what they want exactly will walk out with a Nightster. Heck I told a dozen dealers I was looking for one and 11 dealers tried to sell me either a street bob or a night train. Keep calling dealers, you will find one, unless you ordered one and they are screwing you around. You gotta remember that the stealer is happy when the check clears, they could care less if you get the bike you want. Sorry about the negativity about dealers, but the local one and a couple other dealers I have dealt with are just terrible. There are good ones, but remember that salesman is more worried about making his numbers than your ultimate happiness. If he has a night train and the boss says, sell it, he's gonna do everything in his power to put you on the night train, smell what I'm stepping in?
Ok off the soapbox and off to bed cause it's easier to dream about riding while I'm sleeping. It dumped almost a foot of snow here in the last 24 hours with more to come, so I should probably go snowboarding or something to get the speed fix I'm itching for, but it's just not the same without the v-twin rumbling underneath me.

THE :rider

Im also wanting to paint the crank case matt black .
Do you know if i have to run in the bike before i can upgrade the exhaust

Hi Kiwi..
I think to paint the engine case will takes time and make your hands on dirty, No need to do that.
I wonder my Nighty also in black engine, but finally my engine turn to dark grey (almost black :D) using "S100 Engine Brightener" from Smartparts Product (made in Germany). Just spray it to all engine surfaces and Taaa Daaaa... Brings in to "Factory Black look".

I had pics for you, but unfortunately I cannot show you on this forum.

Quite tricky, but it works!
:bigsmiley14:
Luki.-

Back