free website stats program Calling all 2007 Nightster owners! | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Calling all 2007 Nightster owners!

I think your in for trouble. Sounds like the "dealer" is not able to work with "NON S/E" parts. The dealership mechanics are usually told to "try your best" but the computer is limited. My dealer was honest and said they can't say the re-map will work correctly. My set-up allows me to tune the bike myself. Everyone I know will not allow the dealership to use the re-map. V&H parts are built to work. They make the S/E pipes that HD charges to much for. Vance and Hines has an excellent reputation and history of winning.

Brother Bri
BFCSantaCruz.org:worthy

the tfi looks awsome. i guess ill get that before my forward controls and mini apes.
does anyone have this tfi.
do they like it? is it easy to adjust?

I have it on my 07 and have used them on quite a few bikes without incident. They are more user friendly than most of the fuel only units and are about as easy to adjust as it gets. They come with recommended settings for various upgrades and from there you can go rich or lean whatever you need. You can run with or without the 02 sensors depending on which unit you buy/prefer. Easy setup and install are the key factors. There is an installation video on that page I posted above to see what's involved.

I think the biggest problem with the fuel pack is the support from the company.

im totaly sold on tfi now. im just curious how thet tfi unit works with the factory computer,sensors, and such.
does it work with the factory set up? does it work separatly?
what were you saying about not having to use the o2 sensors?
when i install it i would like to get rid of anything that doesnt do anything anymore.
should i direct these tech question in another thread or am i doing alright?

im pretty sure im going to get the one that was in the video.

Last edited:
im totaly sold on tfi now. im just curious how thet tfi unit works with the factory computer,sensors, and such.
does it work with the factory set up? does it work separatly?
what were you saying about not having to use the o2 sensors?
when i install it i would like to get rid of anything that doesnt do anything anymore.
should i direct these tech question in another thread or am i doing alright?

im pretty sure im going to get the one that was in the video.

The TFI senses the pulse width coming from the stock ECM and modifies it depending on the setting you use in the unit (rich or lean) and delivers that modified pulse (injector duration) to the injector to add the fuel to the engine in proportions to what you want.

It works with the factory sensors without any problems at all because it works downstream of the ECM and changes the pulse width after it leaves the ECM so as far as the ECM is concerned, it doesn't see the unit at all in the system. There's a choice of whether you want to retain the 02 sensors or bypass them with resistors. The difference being an auto adjust using the 02 sensors or a manual adjust just using the unit. Main difference here is the MPG being a bit higher with the 02 sensors in the system because of the auto lean of the sensors and also runs a bit hotter due to the lean settings from the 02 sensors.
I chose the manual adjust and the 02 sensors are bypassed, it's a matter of preference and everything can stay in place if you bypass the 02 sensors.If you decide to remove them, here's the plug to use to fill the sensor bung available in a NAPA store or other automotive supply houses.

}
u_clear.gif
Item#: EXH35299

If you want to talk to the tech at techlusion about your choice, he's a very knowledgeable guy and can answer any questions you have about which unit for which bike and how they work. His name is George and the number is 877-764-3337

You're better off posting these questions about fuel injection in the proper forum for a better response and starting your own post. :s

http://www.hdtimeline.com/engine_and_fuel/

Last edited:
Well I figured I had to add to the list of cool people who have a Nightster, so I bought an '08 Black/Orange one in August, and LOVE IT!!! It's my first Harley, well okay, it's basically my first bike EVER :29:

It's still bone stock, however, I have removed the front fender, and am getting a Spring Solo Seat and 10" Short Shocks from Lick's Cycles for Christmas, and I'm buying myself a Christmas present of Harley Mini-Apes and Lick's Cycles black Vintage Grips, so needless to say I'm going for that 50's Chopper/Bobber look :14:

Future Mods include:
Progressive Front Shocks
Harley S/E "Heavy Breather" Intake
Black V&H Staggered Short Shots
V&H FuelPak
Lick's Cycles Powdercoated Sissy Bar
Black Harley Forward Controls

I am confused on something I read in this post... :dknow
I have always heard that if you go with the Harley Mini-Apes, you have to change the stock cables for the Harley "Diamondback" cables, which are a total rip-off, just as most Harley parts usually are.
How again do I go about spending/replacing the LEAST amount of cables in this install, without voiding the warranty? :33:

welcome dela!

hey got another question about installing mini apes?
how do you guys run the wiring?
can i just loosen the controls and pull everything through the forks? looks like i may need to pull out the head light.
the hd shop is saying i need to disassemble everything.
i have the bars but my brake hose is on back order. im just trying to figure out and plan the job before i get started.
whats the easiest way to do this?

i just wanted to let you all know i just installed my mini apes!!!
thanks everyone for all the info. your help really made the installation easy!!!
you all rock!:worthy

i dont have any pic yet.
as soon as i finished i took the scoot to the hd dealer to do the 1000mile service.
while its in there there install in the s/e air cleaner kit and re-mapping. i know what you all think of scamming eaglet. but the hd mechanic owed me money (for fixing his lawn mower )so i got it cheap ( well cheaper).

as far as the mini apes goes.
things i learned
- remove all the contols off the bars before you remove the bar itself. i now had a scratch on my tank.:wall
-dont loss any screws, or the little brass inserts on the throttle cables. i had to run to hd to replace these.
- splitting the control boxes and removing the head lite so you can pull the throttle and contols through the forks seemed to work out pretty well.
- if i had known i would have ordered a black brake line.
stock black throttle cables and clutch cables look pretty good but the shiny diamond back brake line looks alittle out of place.
other than that all went pretty well.
it was fun to ride it in the dark and in the rain for the first time with apes.:guitar

Back