free website stats program Calling all 2007 Nightster owners! | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Calling all 2007 Nightster owners!

with regards to the exhaust on sportsters, I have a '06 XL1200R and I have the vance&hines shortshots staggered. They are very loud and have a very good sound. They're a full exhaust system, not just slip ons, but I got them for 260 including shipping at www.americanclassicmotors.net. I absolutely love these pipes, sound wonderful.:57:

Installed my V&H HS slip-ons last night. SOUNDS MEAN!!! Still need to adjust them a little, (was 9:30 in the dark with 2 flashlights for light). Neighbors know when I left for work this morning though!:D

Save some money and go with the RUSH 2.0" slip on's, great sound, nice fit and finnish. next for my nightie is a new seat. great bike, easy to throw around. silver and black.:D

Man,
I bought the blue suede and black I love the bike just about ready for my second payment. I'm on my third battery second systems relay. And it's greased. I was getting 652 milliamps with the key off and now it's like 107 which I still think its too much, but I got my battery and relay today and tommorow lord willing I'm riding. We have to narrow down this Nightster problem these bike are just too cool.

Last edited:
I hope you don't pay for any of that. The factory fuse/relay block corrodes if you don't water proof it because the factory figures bikes don't get wet. I had the same problem. CRAZY HUH!!??!!

P.S. Problems has been cleared up for months now.

Last edited:
Yea the dealer has paid for everything however they take so long to get to anything so i took this into my own hands. They gave me the batteries (3) and one relay and it seems to be fine now but I'm scared to death to wash it...lol

Hey there - I too have an all black Nightster!

The bike has V&H slip ons and my bike now has a deeper growl than my bf's - he has a 1200C w/ V&H Short Shots....

I love how the all black bike looks and am waiting for the bolts and accessories to come in gloss black so that I can complete my look... The only spot of color I have on it right now are my grips - I got the colored flame ones and may mirror the look on the air vent cover, but am still undecided.

I find that the seat now has the imprint of my butt and am looking to put a new, thicker padded, seat on but am not looking forward to losing the narrowness of the seat (I am only 5' tall, so I enjoy the narrower seat width). Any recco's?

Lil Me

Hey Lil me,
My seat buddy padded my seat and re-covered it for 75.00 that was a great deal now my asprin bottle doesn't hurt so bad. But I have just had back surgery so it will be prob. three more weeks of just starin' at my lil' girl...
aka: awfulkanaful
Danny

The Nightster is also my first Harley! And it reiterated what I thought I knew about Harleys, they rule. I simply love my bike! I have done a few mods already, little things. I added V&H short shots, it helped with the noisy little fuel injectors, just can't here them any more, And it seemed to make the performance better. When you add the V&H pipes you must add a new aircleaner and a fuel pak (from V&H). I also added a little crome, was not a fan of the gray on the air cleaner cover. I added the Swingback aircleaner cover and matching covers (derby, timing and chain inspection). This winter I am adding mini apes and forward controls. That is about all I will do, I want to keep as much of the Nightster look, while adding my own style.

Saw it, bought it. Love it! Made some changes that helped with the gang bang feeling after about a 75 mile ride. The seat is horrible but looks so damn good on it. i put mini apes(black) and that really helped with the seat issue also put Progressive 412s. Rides like a fing dream now. I also went with the reinhart slip-ons. Now that made it happen. Bike is now sittin pretty sweet and sounds perfect. Took the little light faring thing off gave it a better bobber stance look. Nothing like dropping in a turn and seeing the pegs light up. handles damn good. Anyway i am more then happy love my bike. I am 38 and grabbed it on my Birthday.

Back