free website stats program Calling all 2007 Nightster owners! | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Calling all 2007 Nightster owners!

I've had mine Vivid Black for almost a week now. It has the D&D Fat cat 2-1 on it, SE A/C and has been remapped. This was all done to the bike from the dealer before they put it on the showroom floor.

This is my first HD and I am loving it. The ride is a bit harsh, though not as bad as I expected. I will most likely change to Progressives and I am toying with the idea of putting some apes on it.

hello, i just found this thread and its awsome.
i recently purchased a 07 nightster (silver/black).
so far, i have added (used and slightly scratched ) sreaming eagle slip ons. got them for $60. there the older louder muffs. these are only temporary till i can get some vance and hines short shots. after i save my pennys i will be adding the mini apes and forward controls.
my wife says i cant get anything extra till the scooter is payed off. so till then ive been getting stuff in trade or selling junk. hence the $60 scratched muffs. after mini apes and forward controls i havnt decided what else im going to do since i love it the way it is. so,....till then im going to ride the crap out of it.
oh ya,....has anyone come up with a solution yet as to if the stock cables will work with the mini ape bars or not?
i have my local dealership looking for stock type cables that will work but havnt heard anything yet. those diamond back cables are so damned expensive.
anyways,...looking forward to chating about nightsers!!

Last edited:
Welcome to the site FRANKEN!! I have the 12" HD miniapes on my N and I am running the stock cables. I had to reroute the throttle/idle cables from inside the forks to outside. You can pull up slack from the clutch cable, just adjust it in the clamps on the frame. There is plenty of excess wiring for signals, horn etc.

The only problem I had was the front brake line, once you add the longer bars the metal portion of the line is mishaped. I took the bike to an indy and he bent out that section for me and wouldn't sell me a new line, said to come back in 100,000 miles, that's when I'd need a new one. :s

Some might argue that you should replace all of the cables, and if I had the money and could find non blinged out cables I might, but what I have works so I see no need to change em.

thanks for the imput. i had heard that the stock cables could be used before. but it was some jacked up forum and the guy who said it was running an after market bar on an old 80's sportster. there was another forum were they were saying that you had to cut the wiring and add four inches.
now that you said it worked on your nightster, ill go buy the bars and brake line. sweet!
any trick on getting the grips off with out too much fuss?

any opinions on the screaming eagle air filter kit for sportsters?
are they good, bad, expensive, worth it or not?

can i use the stock air cleaner cover?

with pipes and this air filter kit will the hd dealer be able to calibrate my scooter or will i have to go to a custome tunner?

i heard the the hd dealer map chingadera isnt worth squat. true or false?

if you cant tell, fuel injection is a whole new world for me.

Hey Frankenchoky...I put the K&N High Flow filter when I put on the V&H Fuelpak that is paired to the V&H HS slip-ons. I have a knarley sound and enough power to pull a stump outa cement. Bike runs awesome and spent less than 1/2 what the alternatives are. I will not spend my hard earned cash on "scaming eaglet" parts and the factory "re-map" that leaves me no control on mixture the way I want it.
Just my opinion.:USA

Brother Bri
BFCSantaCruz.org

how can i have control of my fuel mixture?
i havnt changed my air filter yet but i did put a set of the older screaming eagle slip on's on and now when i decelerate
it pops and back fires out the exhaust. i asked my dealer about that and they shrugged it off and said its the muffs and that i wouldnt have to have it re-mapped unless i put a hi-po air filter on it or replace the entire exhaust system.
i havnt had my 1000mile service yet. does anyone know if they plug in and play with the fuel mixture on the service?

how can i have control of my fuel mixture?
i havnt changed my air filter yet but i did put a set of the older screaming eagle slip In's on and now when i decelerate
it pops and back fires out the exhaust. i asked my dealer about that and they shrugged it off and said its the muffs and that i wouldn't have to have it re-mapped unless i put a hi-po air filter on it or replace the entire exhaust system.
i havnt had my 1000mile service yet. does anyone know if they plug in and play with the fuel mixture on the service?

They do very little on the 1000 mile service in most dealers. There are exceptions to this in some areas. Generally it's an oil change ad little else in most places and a quick once over maybe if you are lucky.

The TFI is a bit more user friendly to work with than some others. It doesn't require mapping as some do or a computer to work with and will give you much improved performance with the addition of the stage 1 and slipons. It's the answer unless you are going to do other modifications such as big cams and head work then the SERT would be a better choice so you can alter ignition and bias tables to mention only a few advantages.

http://www.techlusion.com/

any opinions on the screaming eagle air filter kit for sportsters?
are they good, bad, expensive, worth it or not?

can i use the stock air cleaner cover?

with pipes and this air filter kit will the hd dealer be able to calibrate my scooter or will i have to go to a custome tunner?

i heard the the hd dealer map chingadera isnt worth squat. true or false?

if you cant tell, fuel injection is a whole new world for me.

I've got the SE A/C but I can't compare it to stock (was on when I bought it). It uses the stock cover which I dislike (stupid hamcan) but it works. I've got D&D Fatcat 2-1 pipe and it sounds good, just took the baffle out but haven't ridden it that way. The dealer "remapped" the bike when they put the A/C and pipe on but I don't know what they used, I planned on finding all of that out at the 1000m.

I have noticed that on a few occassions my bike died while warming up and a puff of white smoke came out of the A/C, need to ask them about that too. I was told that it is running rich if it does that. If that's the case then I'd say they didn't "tune" the bike well at all. There is also a good bit of popping on deceleration sometimes.

the tfi looks awsome. i guess ill get that before my forward controls and mini apes.
does anyone have this tfi.
do they like it? is it easy to adjust?

Back