free website stats program Buy local or mail order | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Buy local or mail order

After asking for some of a discount, the dealer mentioned a "loyalty card". They said they put points on a card for every purchase you make... 1 point = 1 dollar... He said 20 points for every $400 so it would end up being a 5% discount... Double points for a local HOG membership... Doesn't hurt to ask...

Just be sure to verify HIS MSRP price with the ACTUAL MSRP price.

My local dealership played a game by jacking up the price of common parts (filters, gaskets, o-rings) by 10% OVER MSRP. Then he turns around and says "Your a good customer so you get 10% off"

That of course just brings it back down to True MSRP.

And when I told him that I knew of his game, he did the side shuffle.

We try to only make purchases at the local "stealer" when they are running a 20% off or better sale/special (which they usually do once a month). Otherwise, if I don't need the item "today," it usually comes from Zanotti or another online retailer.

I support my local dealer by buying bikes from them... how competitive they want to be after the sale is up to them.

Just be sure to verify HIS MSRP price with the ACTUAL MSRP price.

My local dealership played a game by jacking up the price of common parts (filters, gaskets, o-rings) by 10% OVER MSRP. Then he turns around and says "Your a good customer so you get 10% off"

That of course just brings it back down to True MSRP.

And when I told him that I knew of his game, he did the side shuffle.

Would that Be Daytona HD?:s

Would that Be Daytona HD?:s

Yep, "Destination". Wanted to buy some supplies along with with an air filter. 10% over MSRP. It's not the $2. It's the Three-card Monte games they play with you. Walked out because of the shell games. So for $2 they lost the entire order.
Go there only if I HAVE to. They hate me up at that place.:p

Now Sanford Harley is an entire different story. Free drinks, people are friendly and they cut you some slack. There they Love me. Go figure.:p

Yep, "Destination". Wanted to buy some supplies along with with an air filter. 10% over MSRP. It's not the $2. It's the Three-card Monte games they play with you. Walked out because of the shell games. So for $2 they lost the entire order.
Go there only if I HAVE to. They hate me up at that place.:p

Now Sanford Harley is an entire different story. Free drinks, people are friendly and they cut you some slack. There they Love me. Go figure.:p

Daytona HD think they are larger than life wish they would take me off there mailing list LOL

Daytona HD think they are larger than life wish they would take me off there mailing list LOL

Thank Goodness they got rid of the lady that stood outside and tried to sell you a Time Share resort room as soon as you shut down your bike. It was UNREAL. She would Not take NO for an answer, You could not get her off your back.

Thank Goodness they got rid of the lady that stood outside and tried to sell you a Time Share resort room as soon as you shut down your bike. It was UNREAL. She would Not take NO for an answer, You could not get her off your back.

LOL, good thing she didnt try to get on your bike with you and keep on yacking:p

Gee even a Canadian can complain about Rossmeyers. I needed saddle bag latch springs. The counter guy wanted $6. at Destination for these springs I ordered from Ocala HD for $3.00
kemo

Gee even a Canadian can complain about Rossmeyers. I needed saddle bag latch springs. The counter guy wanted $6. at Destination for these springs I ordered from Ocala HD for $3.00
kemo

Kemo, They are nuts up there. Even with sales down and the economy the way it is, they have an attitude.

Back in 2006 when "money was no object" it was their way or the highway.

Actually today it still is that way in a lot of ways.

Kemo, They are nuts up there. Even with sales down and the economy the way it is, they have an attitude.

Back in 2006 when "money was no object" it was their way or the highway.

Actually today it still is that way in a lot of ways.

Yep, and for advertising you would think they were doing you a favor buying a bike from them at an inflated price, Never again:s

Back