free website stats program Buy local or mail order | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Buy local or mail order

I buy Local keep it up with these online ripp offs and there will be no one left.

That is why I was happy that my local would match the price but.....

They can't expect us all to bend over backwards so they can maintain their 50-80% profit margin. This should be a partnership, not a one way street.

Yup, thats where I found the best price so far, Chicago is about $5 less than Zanotti after shipping...

From their homepage go to Shop online/price quote then Shopping cart/price quote... You do need HD part number from the toy book or the HD website though...
thanks MainestreetGlide !!

Bill

Smitty,

What makes it a ripoff? Other than it takes away from the local dealer.

I buy Local keep it up with these online ripp offs and there will be no one left.

I wish I could find a reason to support my local because I would. Even when I had to buy local, I had to go one or two farther away from local to get what I needed. Heck I wish Zanotti's was my local!

Bodeen

I always give my dealer a chance to compete on prices.The key word is compete.If my dealer is within say 10% I will support him,after all I was a small business guy too and had to compete with larger businesses.

Might also want to try Surdyke.com - they sell HD parts/accessories at discount $$$ & sometimes have "free shipping" so good to check. I got a leather HD jacket $100 cheaper than local...:)

My nearest dealer is a 400 mile round trip i have never been there or any dealer i have always used mail order for parts etc if there was a nearby dealer im sure i would use them from time to time

Brian

My nearest dealer is a 400 mile round trip
Brian

Brian, Percentage wise, how much market share does HD have in Scotland when it comes to 2 wheel bikes.?

I am just pulling numbers out of my head but it seems like here in the US, HD has a 50% market share on ALL bikes greater than ~400cc. Just wondering what it is like on your side.

I havent got a clue what the % is but out on the road see mainly sport bikes
But in scotland there are 2 harley dealer 1 in edinburgh and 1 in glasgow and as such harleys are fairly rare
there are at least 10 motorcycle dealers within 50 miles of me but you will have to be looking for a metric bike but occasionally a used harey turns up

Brian

Online shops pay no taxes in your town. They employ no one in your town
They have far less over head they should discount even more
Where are they when things go wrong? seems most want to run to local dealer then and blame them or expect them to make it right.
Most dealers if you show you are a good customer will give you the same discounts, I have always gotten it and buy most everything I want a same prices.
Were are the great deals once they run all the local dealers out?
This is not just about HD parts it is happening with most products we buy.
It would take all day to go into how many fake parts are sold on line and many never know, how many stolen parts are sold at discount on line even new ones.
You can not even buy a good pair of work boots here anymore, you have to order them Online. At first they were discounted about 30 dollars now the price is over where it once was.
I will stick with buying from people that live where I live, spend where I work as much as I can.

I agree with Smitty, only time I don't deal locally is if it is an amazingly "uncomprehensably good deal". Meaning, I would never have gotten my Sporty, have my financial adviser agree if it cost list price AND had all the features I wanted (which were carburetion, dual disc front brakes, clean belt drive (tried and true), with low maintenance alloy wheels, at half MSRP new.

I would not be on this forum today or met so many fine people along the way. Buy what suits you, but understand past the emotions there are lots of others supporting your decision, make the most of it.:D

After asking for some of a discount, the dealer mentioned a "loyalty card". They said they put points on a card for every purchase you make... 1 point = 1 dollar... He said 20 points for every $400 so it would end up being a 5% discount... Double points for a local HOG membership... Doesn't hurt to ask...

Back