free website stats program Buell owners... Accepted by Harley riders? | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

Buell owners... Accepted by Harley riders?

A wave to me is noticing you riding on two wheels. Your a biker. Does it really matter what you ride? Wave to say "Hey your a biker too, be careful. I don't wave because it's another Harley. It's not the Harley wave, it's a Biker wave.

My son is buying a Buell.
Does this mean I can finally disown him??:...................:lero

I'm not prejudiced - I'll wave at anyone. Even if a scoot waves - I'll wave back - it wouldn't be polite not to return a wave! Besides a bike is a bike and we are all out there to enjoy the ride!

Hmmmm... ok... I'm a little to'd here. Well... actually this is a 2 par comment... one to'd and the other not so much.

Soooo I just got back from taking my 1125CR out for a bit. At a stop sign I pulled up to the Harley. It was a dyna with the big ole saddle bags and such. Nice looking bike. Dude (with the token hankey on his head rather than a helmet... nice one) had his chick with him. I pulled up beside him and gave him the "how you doin'?... nice day to ride" head nod. He just looked over at me and actually spit in my direction... not on me or on my bike... but towards me. He never nodded back or made any sort of expression at all. Just looked... spit... looked away. Nice. I am practicing restraint in not typing more about what I think of this guy, his chick, and the token hankey in lieu of a helmet. This guy prob didn't have the slightest idea my Buell(s) payment goes to the same place his does.

On a positive note. I took the 1125CR to Strokers here in Dallas yesterday. If you get a chance to google it... please do. Strokers is a nationally known AWESOME biker mecca of a hangout here in Dallas. Anyway... the bikes and riders are predominately hardcore cruiser types (lots of token hankeys)... good fun people (in most cases... some are like the idiot I described above). Anyway... from what I heard about Strokers sportbikes would be less than welcome. Not true.. I never had so many cool... huge handlebar mustache, gray braided hair'd cats genuinely compliment my bike ever. They lov'd it and were especially happy and surprised it was a Harley product.

Also.. A couple weeks ago this Harley guy (token hankey type) at the Harley dealer was pulling for me to get the 1125CR (which I eventually bought). He was telling me that he loves the sportbikes and wishes he could still ride. He was an older fellow. Said he used to race them at the drag strip. Anyway.. .he said to ride the Sportbikes as long and hard as I can... that I can always come back to a Harley (cruiser) but you cant always go back to a Sportbike. True true words.

Soooo... I have had some great experiences with the Harley crowd and a few not-so-good. I'm just glad the guy's spit didn't hit me.. or worse my bike... he would be wishing that he had a helmet on rather than the token hankey as I write this... it would have helped protect him from my helmet.

ahah... yep yep... Hobbit... the Hanky would be the give away :)

and yes... you definitely know about Strokers then. Its about a half hour from my house :lero... ahaha. just rubbin it in a tad.

Yesterday was my first day there... absolutely incredible place. So many different rooms\ places to hang out\ things to see... the entire place is a surreal biker fun hangout. Airbrushed art everywhere... beautiful custom bikes... show bikes... I particularly was taken with the "Brass Balls" bikes... heh. Very very unique line of bikes. Being the bike lover that I know you are Hobbit it would be seriously worth your time to eventually visit someday.

My buds and I are going this upcoming Thursday... Bikini Bike Wash night :small3d026:

....Strokers Dallas is run by one of the orginal hard core chop builders from days gone Rick fairless, the guy builds some real out there bikes and is one of the places i must visit.

And when you do visit, the North Texas HD Talkers will meet you there. You will not need any money. :s

Nor will you leave the Lone Star state with any doubt about the meaning of southern hospitality. Just let us know ...

last time I checked Buell is made by Harley same as aV-rod.They do not have the conventional look of other Harleys but I accept them as part of the family.A lot of the technology built into these bikes will make it into other models.I would love to have that V-rod motor on my classic.

Good call MWGB... if\when the stars align to get you here to visit TX Hobbit be sure to chime in... You would definitely have man ya cold one coming your way. I really appreciate your never ending supply of insight and general thoughts on the bikes, issues with them, etc etc. And you wont miss any riding time... you're more than welcome to cruise around on one of my Buellys of your choice... XB12S or 1125CR. Although your wife may take issue if you saddle the 1125 :)

Classic... great point. I've read that the Sporty and\or other Harley's may begin to see some of the 1125 Rotax technology seep into their engines :)

Baggh said:
... it would have helped protect him from my helmet.

A word of caution. Using your helmet as such can be also considered as using a weapon on an assault charge. A friend did that, nearly killed the guy with one swipe, and was arrested for attempted murder and the helmet was considered a weapon.

Back