free website stats program Buell owners... Accepted by Harley riders? | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Buell owners... Accepted by Harley riders?

I tend to wave at all bikes. To me its not so much saying hello, I think its more of a respect thing, and in a sence, telling the other rider to be safe. May not be what it really is, but thats what my Dad taught me as a kid, and I stick to it now that I ride my own HD.

Nice looking bike Baggh. A lot of good points made on earlier posts. As long as you're on two wheels, it shouldn't matter. I try to give the wave to everyone. We are definitely outnumbered on the roads so I say stick together. And if I do decide to buy a second bike (after this ones paid off) I would definitely go with a Buell. The HD dealer nearby stocks a lot of Buells and they sure seem more substantial than most metrics I see on the road. Enjoy your ride!

I ride with and wave to Wings, sports, cruisers and everyone on two or three wheels, always have always will. The only exception is at the rallys, just too many and after a while your arm would fall off. Back in the day (60s) just about all bikers waved. It seems these days some people are too self absorbed or feel too important to just be friendly. I feel sorry for them as they are missing out on a part of the camaraderie of the motorcycle.

I have always looked at the wave as a sharing of a similar interest...riding motorcycles. The first time I noticed the wave was about 30 years ago driving my TR-3. Of course other Triumph drivers would wave, but also those driving other sports car marques would do likewise. A motorcyclist is a motorcyclist regardless of what the ride.

My first week on a bike, so I may not wave to everyone... only when I feel comfortable enough to let a hand off the bar. : /

Interesting, usually the Buell guys i see are going too fast to identify before they are already gone .. :)

Whats also interesting is that seems to be a grand division in Italy between
Harley riders and everyone else, bit surprised to see almost no one waving back,
cause I usually wave at everyone.

Situation is better in Spain and France, found most people wave no matter what
you ride.

I think one reason for the lack of waves is that a Buell looks too much like a sport bike and there are some Harley riders who will not wave to a sport bike. I get much the same reaction riding my 09 Road Glide. Since it has dual headlights, a lot of Harley riders think that they are being approached by a Gold Wing. Then they do contortions trying to get off a wave to me when they realize it's a Harley and I have just given them the wave. I love it. Me, I wave to anyone on 2 wheels except scooters and bicycles.

Humans are just compulsively tribal are we not?
I really can't understand what's bad about waving to another rider regardless of make or model unless it detracts from your attention to the road and to safety.
I give the bikers' nod to any I see on the road; waving is not easy driving on the left. We're all brothers (and sisters:D) on two wheels loving the ride and the road. JMO

Back