free website stats program Buell owners... Accepted by Harley riders? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Buell owners... Accepted by Harley riders?

I'm 63 I started riding a Harley at 58..I wave at everyone on a bike regardless...mainly coz I can't see that far down the road to see what brand it is...lol so I wave at anyone....even kids on Bikes...bikes like schwins I mean...the kids really do get a kick out of it ....

I wouldn't worry about anyone waving.The important thing is that you are on two wheels and a Harley at that. The whole wave thing is over rated. I wave at all who ride,and also to the folks who wave at me. IMO, just like saying hello when passing on the street.

the cool thing about these Buell's is that it seems they aren't really traditional Harley cruisers... or Sport Bikes... seems like Erik created a breed all to themselves... a morphing of Sport meets Traditional.

Awesome machines.

Although I may receive less waves from the Harley riders I do receive more overall.. both Harley and Sport break out the wave and this bike definitely turns much more heads than my Sporty.

damn i love these Buells. I just read an article about Buell in Motor Cyclist July issue. Man this guy is a badass go getter. "25 years of Buellishness".. good read.

Don't worry, because you don't get the rave waves! You, like your machine still has HD Orange & Black running in it's veins...uh...tubes...uh...inside...OH YEAH "BOLTED WITHIN IT'S FRAMEWORK BY DESIGN!" Gotta love this new technology stuff! :D

I was just downstairs smoking a cig taking 5 from work. The Buell is parked in the parking garage... I was standing down the way. I noticed a couple guys come out to smoke one and they went over to the bike. They were all getting on their knees eyeballing the ride... looking underneath it at the bottom mount pipe... taking in the fine engineering that is Buell :)

I walked over to say hey... dude was like "Is that European or something? Its a beauty!"

thought that was kinda funny. These things sure are unique... gotta love it.

How about the other direction?

Rode my bike into work today-coincidentally about an hour after i read your post;and it so happened that a Buell was first up at a set of lights across the road.I gave him a small wave and a nod.The guy actually turned his head away!

Arrogant people dont just ride Harley's.

I hear you... In no way shape or form was I implying that Harley riders are arrogant. Heck... I rode a Sporty that I loved for about 6 months before jumping onto the Buell.

I guess my question was more in the area of wondering if Buell's are considered a part of the Harley family by most Harley riders? Would Buell riders be openly invited\accepted to Harley gatherings and such. A fact is from my observations over the weekend that less Harley riders have been giving the wave. That led me to ask the question.

There are ignorant\ arrogant people everywhere riding all sorts of things... no doubt about that.

Sleddog...really like your stable of machines...man it must be fun to have time to ride 'em all...toughest descision must be which one to ride...as opposed to us earthbound mortals on the street with 1 or 2 bikes :newsmile040:

I've been collecting them for a while... It can be kinda tough to pick a machine. But as winter months in Florida roll around I tend to spend a lot of time on the shovelhead. The thing loves the cooler weather... And it's the one bike that HD (thanks AMF) truely gave a soul. But all of them tend to get an equal work out.

It's pasta week... So the F4 gets the nod until friday...

I've been collecting them for a while... It can be kinda tough to pick a machine. But as winter months in Florida roll around I tend to spend a lot of time on the shovelhead. The thing loves the cooler weather... And it's the one bike that HD (thanks AMF) truely gave a soul. But all of them tend to get an equal work out.

It's pasta week... So the F4 gets the nod until friday...

Hey, I'm good with that, the other day I had a taste for sushi, wrung the little Kats neck in the canyons for a change! :D

Buell riders ride with me any time, I would have one if I was in to that style riding nice bike and They are HD faimly :)
Of course honda and the rest ride with us also I just chose not to own any of the so called metrics.
But a couple of those Buells are nice and one would sure look ok in my garage.
And every time I start thing like that I go out and ride my Fb or RG and remind myself I do not ride like that any more.

Yeah, 0 to 75+ on a bagger is not quite the same, once the road starts getting knarly... :D

But, I agree with you, I like the less than frenetic pace the HD gives me and my gal when two up...she did not like the way the Kat would make the ground come up close when riding in the mountains, even though I took it fairly easy. And I was always welcome around Harley & Buell riders what ever I rode, so I will always return the favor...:42:

Back