free website stats program Big Decision This Weekend - Buy New/Used? | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Big Decision This Weekend - Buy New/Used?

Well, thanks for everyone's input. I'm getting ready to go to bed after several pitchers of Margaritas with the local gang tonight. Hopefully I can get some sleep since I'm heading up to the dealer to do my demo rides around noon tomorrow. I think I've got it narrowed down to either Road King or Street Glide but I'm going to demo 4 or 5 bikes just to be sure. We'll see what kind of deal/trade in the dealer offers me to get me to go home with an 08!! I'll let you know tomorrow.

LOL!! That is EXACTLY what I was doing!

I was trimming up a piece of aluminum to put under the oil filter to catch the runoff when I unscrew that puppy!

AS far as color, I got the Suede Blue Pearl and Vivid Black...

I actually went to the dealer liking the 105th colors, but when I got there and saw the bike in person, I just wasn't feeling it even though it is bitchen! So, I starting looking around and this color combo really looked sharp to me so that is what I got...

Really, I have always like blue and was just drawn to it! I just like the FLSTC!

Now, I like the RK in the 105th colors, it looks good.

Cheers/Beers

Bill
DUDE...Slow down.. put a few miles on her first! Just messing with you!:ap
Chrome! thats what she needs first!:breakdance

Congrats Billua -

Good choice, I've always been partial to the Heritage as well. All my buddies were trying to get me to go with the EG or Ultra. But I stuck to what I liked, so I'm the only softail running with 6 Baggers.

Enjoy it and be safe. :bigsmiley8:

Funny how that color thing gets you.....I was looking for a bike the color of Gliders.......never gave orange a thought, but once a bike talks to you, it's over, you're going home with it....:bigsmiley20:

Funny how that color thing gets you.....I was looking for a bike the color of Gliders.......never gave orange a thought, but once a bike talks to you, it's over, you're going home with it....:bigsmiley20:
You got that right! Love at first site! I looked for about 5 months and just could not make my mind up on what color and .....walked in and said "Thats It, Thats The Color"
1 month later, the wife bought it for me!:skipping (Total surprise!)

Buy new!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you need the warranty, do you think your local dealer will jump to the chance of helping you out or will he think.." when you bought her you went somewhere else. Why don't you do so now?"
How would you feel. Yeh, thought so. Me too.
BUY NEW!

Buy new!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you need the warranty, do you think your local dealer will jump to the chance of helping you out or will he think.." when you bought her you went somewhere else. Why don't you do so now?"
How would you feel. Yeh, thought so. Me too.
BUY NEW!

Yes I do thing they will jump to get my money. Business is business. Do you think that the salesman will or be able to do anything for you when you are talking to the service department? The salesman tries to make you think that they will always be there for you, but they've got more bikes to sell. It is more important to establish a good relationship with the service department staff. Like I said before, even though I didn't get the bike there, the service guys treated me great. A dealership will probably make more money off of you in the service department than on the sale of the bike, so don't you think they are going to want you as a customer and want your money even though you didn't buy the bike from them? If they treat me any different they will lose a customer. I've got 3 dealerships in my area I can go to if they decide to treat me any different. The service guys I talked to recently couldn't have been more friendly and were very impressed that I got such a great deal from the private sale. I have the factory warranty until spring and will probably extend the warranty so I'm sure I will get great service I need even though I didn't buy new.

Yes I do thing they will jump to get my money. Business is business. Do you think that the salesman will or be able to do anything for you when you are talking to the service department? The salesman tries to make you think that they will always be there for you, but they've got more bikes to sell. It is more important to establish a good relationship with the service department staff. Like I said before, even though I didn't get the bike there, the service guys treated me great. A dealership will probably make more money off of you in the service department than on the sale of the bike, so don't you think they are going to want you as a customer and want your money even though you didn't buy the bike from them? If they treat me any different they will lose a customer. I've got 3 dealerships in my area I can go to if they decide to treat me any different. The service guys I talked to recently couldn't have been more friendly and were very impressed that I got such a great deal from the private sale. I have the factory warranty until spring and will probably extend the warranty so I'm sure I will get great service I need even though I didn't buy new.

I agree - I've got probably 7 or 8 dealerships in the metro Atlanta area to choose from for warranty work. Routine stuff I take to my independent mechanic who charges way less and I trust 100%. It's all about the $$$ for dealers. If you need something done, I doubt if they're going to ask where you bought it and even if they do, I don't think they'd turn you away if you bought it elsewhere. What about people who move? They'd never be able to get their bikes serviced if this were true!

Yes Ozoneman and The Dr. I can see where you're coming from. And you're probably right. I hadn't looked at it from that angle.
I would still buy new though but just because I have been brought up with the "if the second hand is so good why did they sell it?" way of thinking.

Back