free website stats program bad riding season second break down | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

bad riding season second break down

wow that's gonna be fun since that pdf is for a touring lol i don't think i get the aspects of it

Read it again and give it a try, same procedure for all bikes of that year.

I would recheck to see if you have fuel pressure being you had your hands in there.

ok i understand the procedure but the plug they talk about i assume is the one under my seat right off the ecm wiring harness with 4 pin s and rubber plug but there not labeled 1 2 3 4 ???

Read it again and give it a try, same procedure for all bikes of that year.

I would recheck to see if you have fuel pressure being you had your hands in there.

i got fuel pressure pump was done at the shop

Likely fueling issue, as you eliminated lack of spark and you noted previous work on fueling/fuel injection system, you may have broken some debris loose in the tank and it is blocking or slowing down the flow of fuel. Also, you may have introduced air or may have "pinched" a hose or cut a wire (collateral damage), so I would back track what was done. Even something silly like swapping hoses or vacuum lines could be an issue...so retracing your steps is likely the first thing I would do.

all that work was about a month or so ago was running perfect with no issues since work was done like i said road all day and stopped for dinner when i came out just wouldn't fire up i tried the starting fluid to see if it would fire when i sprayed it still nothing so i would eliminate that for now

ok if it is the 4 pin conector under my seat i found where there numbered i jumpered 1 and 2 and turned on ignition switch to find nothing new to happen waited the ten seconds 4 on 6 off and nothing no on no off??

Last edited by a moderator:
Another thing would be, "latent" damage, those hoses and wires may be dried out or brittle, caused by heat, ozone and UV sunlight deterioration. Moving the hoses, may have introduced vacuum leak or when you unplugged connectors, pulled apart wires from the crimps, or when plugging back in contact "creep age" or crushed/bent pins can occur. Don't mean to scare you or think you did something terribly wrong, but this stuff happens, especially if they have been together for 5 or 6 years and then pulled apart.

i honastly think it would of happened a lil sooner then that pump was a month ago

ok has anyone in hear had a problom with a crank position sensor i know this is more of a comon part to fail but why dos everyone say its fuel i think if it was fuel that when i sprayed the injectors it would have tryed to start

if ya got spark it shouldnt be the crank sensor since that is what drives spark .. pull it and see if theres a bunch of crud on it or it looks wrong

i did pull it nothing out of the ordinary
should you get spark if you just pull the wire off plug or do you need to pull plug and check

Back