free website stats program bad riding season second break down | Harley Davidson Forums

bad riding season second break down

redbone62

Account Removed
i know im new hear just thought mabe someone had so insight on my problom so i can get back to riding sooner :panic:panic

ok out all day and night riding all is well stoped for dinner about 1045 eat when to start bike and just cranks ???? just did all fuel related repairs pump lines regulator so i knew it wasent that pulles spark plug wire cranked no spark??? someone said could be crank sensor i think coil myself what you opinion??? do coild just die like that or could it be something else?? please help

oh ya its an injected 2003 fatboy

anyone out there ??? i need help

anyone out there ??? i need help

ok update i took plug out and cranked bike with plug on wire got spark there so now i dont know
sure is hard to get an answer on hear so i guess nobody breaks down or works on there bike

Last edited by a moderator:
1) It's Sunday, people might be out "riding".
2) I couldn't really make a lot of sense out of your 1st post.

1st post makes no sense try again and most of us are out either riding today or spending time with family sometimes a responce wont be quick on weekend

Bad attitude wont get ya any answers either

well bike wont start just did fuel pump and all related parts to that a month ago.........bike just turns over no fire pulled spark plug and checked for spark got it there all fuses good ......is that better? is a EFI 2003 fatboy like i said i was riding all day off and on and had no problems till i stopped for dinner last night and came back out and she wouldn't start back up....sorry if i seems i have an attitude i don't i just want to be out there riding to

Last edited:
ok can you hear fuel pump ? did you try to start it off starter fluid or carb cleaner to see if it will start at all ?

ok can you hear fuel pump ? did you try to start it off starter fluid or carb cleaner to see if it will start at all ?

i do hear the fuel pump dident try the starter fluid due to i just replaced fuel pump regulator and all hoses in tank but i will go give it a shot give me 10 be back

ok tried starting fluid still wont fire just turns over

OK If you got spark & fuel something should go BANG.... Stand by

Check each end of your plug wires for any corrossion (Spelling), Could be weak spark

yes checked wires battery full charged guess i will attempt to get trouble codes

wow that's gonna be fun since that pdf is for a touring lol i don't think i get the aspects of it

Likely fueling issue, as you eliminated lack of spark and you noted previous work on fueling/fuel injection system, you may have broken some debris loose in the tank and it is blocking or slowing down the flow of fuel. Also, you may have introduced air or may have "pinched" a hose or cut a wire (collateral damage), so I would back track what was done. Even something silly like swapping hoses or vacuum lines could be an issue...so retracing your steps is likely the first thing I would do.

Last edited:
Back