free website stats program andrews 26 cam in 95 build | Page 11 | Harley Davidson Forums

andrews 26 cam in 95 build

Oh yes the drag oil pump is still on the table . I did a run up of caust I'm looking at about $4000 for a budget about $500 under but there will be other $$ on top . I'm just waiting on money right now . Got things settled with my ex so that's kool just gota wait on lawyers . Mabe another month .... I'm itching to get on it .
WAP.gif

I will defenatly check it out Straydog , were everi can make things easier on myself .
One of the reasions it would be good to do conversion gear cams is that I can use my old cam plate with the outer bearings. I like the thought of bearings instead of parent material
WAP.gif

First things first though , I have to put anew drive bealt on it
WAP.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh yes the drag oil pump is still on the table . I did a run up of caust I'm looking at about $4000 for a budget about $500 under but there will be other $$ on top . I'm just waiting on money right now . Got things settled with my ex so that's kool just gota wait on lawyers . Mabe another month .... I'm itching to get on it.

So, you are looking at $3500 for your project? You must not be planning to turn the wrenches yourself; that figure sounds a bit OTT for a DIY project.:eam

Ex- wives can mess things up; I have had to deal with several over the years.:panic

So, you are looking at $3500 for your project? You must not be planning to turn the wrenches yourself; that figure sounds a bit OTT for a DIY project.:eam

Ex- wives can mess things up; I have had to deal with several over the years.:panic
Actualy
Gear cam $336
4 gear set $475
Pistons $225 +shave
Drage oil pump $150
Gaskets $190
Power tuner $550
Boaring and piston work I figure $800
Jugs and heads $400

=$3140
+drive bealt $300
Fk
WAP.gif

Actually
Gear cam $336
4 gear set $475
Pistons $225 +shave
Drage oil pump $150
Gaskets $190
Power tuner $550
Boring and piston work I figure $800
Jugs and heads $400

=$3140
+drive bealt $300
Fk
WAP.gif

This is what I would expect your project to cost; maybe tad less.
$???-pistons; I thought you already had the pistons??
$100-machine piston domes
$640-Geared cams, gear drive and install kit from American Classic Motors
Andrews 37g s s Gear Drive Upgrade Cam Cams Engine Installation Kit Harley 88 | eBay
$120-Bore cylinders, hone/fit pistons, gap rings
$500-head work; porting, valve job, etc.
$150-oil pump
$100-gaskets from CYCO; oil and filter
$500-TTS Mastertune and cables
$300-dyno tune
$225-drive belt

$2635, if this is a DIY project. Probably need to add $100 for shipping. You did not include pushrods, if you will be buying adjustable pushrods, add $165 for SE Premium Tapered (PN18404-08).

FK,
Here's another thought for you. I just remembered that I have an OEM throttle body that has been bored to 46.5mm; Hillside Cycles did the boring of the throttle body and attached intake manifold. It was intended for a 95" build on my brothers bike but he decided not to build. Your OEM Delphi throttle body is 44mm so the increase is not huge but the larger diameter will contribute to the components you have put together and will help TQ/H across the rpm range; maybe a bit more on the HP side than the TQ side but both will benefit.

If interested, I will sell for $75, plus shipping.:s

FK,
Here's another thought for you. I just remembered that I have an OEM throttle body that has been bored to 46.5mm; Hillside Cycles did the boring of the throttle body and attached intake manifold. It was intended for a 95" build on my brothers bike but he decided not to build. Your OEM Delphi throttle body is 44mm so the increase is not huge but the larger diameter will contribute to the components you have put together and will help TQ/H across the rpm range; maybe a bit more on the HP side than the TQ side but both will benefit.

If interested, I will sell for $75, plus shipping.:s
Hey Dolt that's a thought . Probly will go that way .
When my money gets unlocked you can give me your specifics and we will work something out...
WAP.gif

I'd like to apolagize to the moderators and the rest of the people . I have used inapropriate langage on the forum .
Won't happen again
Fisherking
WAP.gif

I was checking some posts, and it said I would have to change the exhaust on my 03 decker to use the 06 heads ?
Just wondering if I should start looking for an exhaust .
What years will fit ?
Thanks F.k.
WAP.gif

I was checking some posts, and it said I would have to change the exhaust on my 03 decker to use the 06 heads? Just wondering if I should start looking for an exhaust. What years will fit ?

Bad information; you do not need to start looking for an exhaust. The exhaust port is the same. You will need '06 or later intake flanges though. The only difference in exhaust from model to model or year to year is fitment, as in how the exhaust attaches to the frame. Of course, the major change for touring models came when the 2:1:2 system with the cross over passing under the frame in 2009, IIRC. Your current exhaust will work.:s

Bad information; you do not need to start looking for an exhaust. The exhaust port is the same. You will need '06 or later intake flanges though. The only difference in exhaust from model to model or year to year is fitment, as in how the exhaust attaches to the frame. Of course, the major change for touring models came when the 2:1:2 system with the cross over passing under the frame in 2009, IIRC. Your current exhaust will work.:s
Ok kool I can just buy the intake flanges at the moco . Thanks . The information was on a post in our forum
Thanks F.k.
WAP.gif

Hey Dolt what are your thoughts on an Ultima pump. I can get one for $100 and $21.40 for each lifter . How does Ultima fare compared to other after market parts .
Thanks F.K.

Back