free website stats program American made??? | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

American made???

Well to respond. Delphi is a GM subsidiary (fuel injection,security). The forks are Showa from Japan and has been for a long time... Most is from the mother land!

Preach on brother :worthy, I buy USA in every product if one is available,, I drive Jeep, a Caddy, and a Harley and drink my American beer COLD. :guitar

Please send me a couple of cases of Bud Light...drank gallons of the stuff on my trip to the States last year....awesome...shame about the after effects...grin
:D

Interesting thread! I've asked this question on another forum, a few times! No one answered!!! Guess they don't want to admit their bike is no longer 100% American made!! What a shame, we're giving the store away and ya wonder why so many cry We deserve what we get!! We need to take this country back! Whatever it takes to do that is fine by me!

Preach on brother :worthy, I buy USA in every product if one is available,, I drive Jeep, a Caddy, and a Harley and drink my American beer COLD. :guitar

Your bike your Jeep and Caddy aren't really American made anymore! My guess is, 40% your cars use imported parts! If you drink Bud, it ain't American any more either!

Well, like it or not, we live in a world based economy and it is becoming more so every day. There are very few companies that are 100% American owned, or produce a 100% American made product.
And of those few, you can almost guarentee that not 100% of the resources their product is made from are 100% American.
It in nothing any of us can control or change. It has been happening for years. Unless you just need something to whine about, you might as well get used to it.

I was just curious about that. I own a manufacturing plant and it bothers me to see so many of our manufacturing jobs going to Mexico and China. Wait till they get the Mexican Labor union in place down the road and that will put us on a level playing field and jack up their labor like it did ours. But thats a whole different topic so for the sake of keeping peace I will not go there.

As for NAFTA, ain't it funny how after tons of American companies moved to Mexico we come up with NAFTA that basically encourages movement to that region?? Its a sad day when I can buy paper made in germany....shipped to Canada....then to Tennessee cheaper than I can buy it from 4 hours down the road. SAME STUFF TOO. My new slogan at home is We buy American when we can afford it. Nowdays that is getting tougher and tougher to do.

As for the Govt, I propose one change. I think in presidential elections mainly this one we should have A box for Obama, a box for McCain, and one more box.......NONE OF THE ABOVE. and if more people vote for none of the above we send those two packing and get two more. hahaha

I am not sure about the final assembly, but the parts on the floor of Baltimore harley have made in China on them.

We can thank Clinton for NAFTA!!!!!!!

American business has been farming out work for years only to save on mfg. and production costs. By no means does this mean they pass those savings on to the American consumer, what that does mean is, this increases their bottm line. For those of you out in Rio-Linda, that is Profit Margin! It's all about greed! As for competive edge? That is slowly deteriorating by out sourcing. A world economy?? Yes, but at a cost of American jobs. This also results in a work pool that is shallow to pick from. Lazy people, poor to NO work ethic and a segment who are clueless..

Problem is folks, that almost every US-made only product line or plant has gone out of business in the last decade for one simple reason: We, the fickle consumer want a "deal". The reason Walmart's lots are absolutely packed full day in night, is that we can by stuff there cheaper....that's it.

Give you an example. If the US auto industry is carrying $1,500 of extra cost per car as employee benefits, then we all should be willing to pay $1,500 more to keep our brothers and sisters employed. (or have our taxes increased to take the burden off the companies) However, 90% of all workers work for small companies, with minimal benefits and lower pay. They are the BULK of our population and they NEED to buy stuff at low cost. Sooooo, to compensate, US companies provide them with lower cost stuff, from wherever it is made.

Remember textiles? Started being manufactured in England, then came to New England with our forefathers. Moved to South Carolina in 50's and 60's and on to Mexico in 70's, next to Japan, then China and now Viet Nam.

Why? We want lower cost stuff

So because the vast majority of the US population turns away from American Made due to price, (and in auto world of the 80's quality), those that produce the stuff in USA suffer

The world has become so interdependant and "small", this situtation is not likely to change. Next time we go to three different stores looking for a better price, remember how we got there.

Back