ABS bypass fitting

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by genodgeno, Dec 15, 2011.

1. jamesearl

jamesearl Senior Member

Gotta change the brake fluid every 2 years,it can take on water.Which can lead to a failure.

2. Jammie

Jammie New Member

Just bought bike 2010 8800 hundred miles, put 200 miles on it,front brake handle locked up,HD wants 1000.00 to replace abs,

3. Jason Shrum

Jason Shrum New Member

The image is not showing. Says that it is Broken. Could you possibly upload another image so I may see it, please.

4. Justinlimited2013

Justinlimited2013 New Member

I can’t seem to pull up the part numbers to the fitting

5. JerryR

JerryR New Member

http://www.brakeconnect.com/product-category/brake-line-joiners mine was the 3/8 by 24 unf threads not regular 10 on 2010 Ultra
    Good Luck look at the fittings closely, I ordered 2 dual banjo bolts and caps to join, have not arrived yet,

6. Triumphsf79

Triumphsf79 New Member

How did that work out for you? Experienced a solid pedal/no rear brake situation recently in, let’s just say less than ideal conditions. Also wish to just bypass the ABS module. Absolutely poorly designed system. Currently under the “brake fluid flush” recall. Great! Then you’ll be told you need the ABS Module and possibly controller. They can have ABS! Been on 2 wheels for over 45 years without it and sure wouldn’t have bought an HD with it if I knew what I know now. No warning light, no standard braking back up—- just a hard pedal or lever and NO BRAKE.
    Any info you can provide on those double banjos and caps would be appreciated.

7. Dino Marinelli

Dino Marinelli New Member

Does anyone still have the image for the bypass part to bypass ABS?

8. Frank Zinna

Frank Zinna New Member

Can you repost image of fitting you used. I can seem to view it.?