free website stats program ABS bypass fitting | Page 7 | Harley Davidson Forums

ABS bypass fitting

Just bought bike 2010 8800 hundred miles, put 200 miles on it,front brake handle locked up,HD wants 1000.00 to replace abs,

I had my first accident EVER on a bike because of this darn thing. Been riding since I was a kid and I am 44 years old.

I pulled it out. I also hated the fact that I couldn't bleed my brakes without taking it to Harley.

Here is a photo of the fitting I used to connect the 2 lines. Got the fittings at O'Reilly. You need 2. One for front and another for the rear.

The image is not showing. Says that it is Broken. Could you possibly upload another image so I may see it, please.

I had my first accident EVER on a bike because of this darn thing. Been riding since I was a kid and I am 44 years old.

I pulled it out. I also hated the fact that I couldn't bleed my brakes without taking it to Harley.

Here is a photo of the fitting I used to connect the 2 lines. Got the fittings at O'Reilly. You need 2. One for front and another for the rear.
I can’t seem to pull up the part numbers to the fitting

http://www.brakeconnect.com/product-category/brake-line-joiners mine was the 3/8 by 24 unf threads not regular 10 on 2010 Ultra
Good Luck look at the fittings closely, I ordered 2 dual banjo bolts and caps to join, have not arrived yet,

How did that work out for you? Experienced a solid pedal/no rear brake situation recently in, let’s just say less than ideal conditions. Also wish to just bypass the ABS module. Absolutely poorly designed system. Currently under the “brake fluid flush” recall. Great! Then you’ll be told you need the ABS Module and possibly controller. They can have ABS! Been on 2 wheels for over 45 years without it and sure wouldn’t have bought an HD with it if I knew what I know now. No warning light, no standard braking back up—- just a hard pedal or lever and NO BRAKE.
Any info you can provide on those double banjos and caps would be appreciated.

Can you repost image of fitting you used. I can seem to view it.?

Think there are thousands of affected HD owners that would like a picture and a part number to connect those lines from the poorly designed ABS system. My guess is that a reply giving that info is probably being blocked here to protect them from any liability. I have searched everywhere for this info.

Back