free website stats program ABS bypass fitting | Page 8 | Harley Davidson Forums

ABS bypass fitting

I had my first accident EVER on a bike because of this darn thing. Been riding since I was a kid and I am 44 years old.

I pulled it out. I also hated the fact that I couldn't bleed my brakes without taking it to Harley.

Here is a photo of the fitting I used to connect the 2 lines. Got the fittings at O'Reilly. You need 2. One for front and another for the rear.
I couldn't get your picture to come up on my iPad, do you have a part number or email me the picture. Thanks

I would like to get a picture of the part that was used to bypass the module with.

Well I was trying to see what someone else used. I went to Home Depot and bought a 2 brass union and put the both sets of lines together. $6.81 and the ABS is a thing of the past. Bleed the brakes and all is good in the hood.

Think there are thousands of affected HD owners that would like a picture and a part number to connect those lines from the poorly designed ABS system. My guess is that a reply giving that info is probably being blocked here to protect them from any liability. I have searched everywhere for this info.

I used a 1/8 in FIP coupler to tie the two lines together. The tread isn’t exact but it also made it where they won’t loosen up. Bleed the breaks and it’s as good as new.

Attachments

• F66F3F83-1837-4294-9B03-1A4F88785DE7.jpeg
    F66F3F83-1837-4294-9B03-1A4F88785DE7.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 53
Last edited by a moderator:
Well I was trying to see what someone else used. I went to Home Depot and bought a 2 brass union and put the both sets of lines together. $6.81 and the ABS is a thing of the past. Bleed the brakes and all is good in the hood.

I used a 1/8 in FIP coupler to tie the two lines together. The tread isn’t exact but it also made it where they won’t loosen up. Bleed the breaks and it’s as good as new.
Thank you very much for the help and the picture and getting back so quickly your a life saver.

Thank you very much for the help and the picture and getting back so quickly your a life saver.
No problem. Just make sure you use both the original washers. Tighten the mess out of them. Lol. I’m sure my picture will get flagged if they don’t want people to know.

No problem. Just make sure you use both the original washers. Tighten the mess out of them. Lol. I’m sure my picture will get flagged if they don’t want people to know.

Your pictures will not be flagged unless they are too large or contain inappropriate content. I am not sure where you are getting the idea that your pictures are doomed on this site. There may be some parts of the forum that members are not allowed to post pictures, but those are generally threads that are informational in nature.

If you have specific issues or questions, you can reach out to the forum administrator or mod team for clarification.

Please take a few minutes to read the general forum rules. They can be found here:

https://www.hdtimeline.com/help/rules/

I had my first accident EVER on a bike because of this darn thing. Been riding since I was a kid and I am 44 years old.

I pulled it out. I also hated the fact that I couldn't bleed my brakes without taking it to Harley.

Here is a photo of the fitting I used to connect the 2 lines. Got the fittings at O'Reilly. You need 2. One for front and another for the rear.
I can’t see the picture when I open attachment. Can you post again or something please?

I did pretty much the same thing by using double banjo bolts to stack the front and rear lines on top of the out flow only side of the failed ABS unit. Then plugged both in flow ports on the unit. Then bled the brakes. Worked perfectly and no annoying ABS light when I reinserted the fuse. I know many others have found fault with disabling ABS, but doubt they’ve experienced the harrowing hard brake lever situation with absolutely no warning. The design DOES NOT DEFAULT to standard braking when your ABS unit fails and you get no ABS warning light. You just suddenly have no brake! Wonder how many people have been seriously injured by these failures. I’ve been on 2 wheels for 45+ years and think the MOCO should not only be embarrassed, but also held responsible for this obviously flawed design. Instead they blame it on the owner for not having their brake fluid flushed every 2 years. I purchased a brake fluid tester and the “failed” fluid read less than 1%. I call (EDIT)

Last edited by a moderator:

It won’t show me the fittings you used

Back