free website stats program 2010 Ultra Classic vs. Limited | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

2010 Ultra Classic vs. Limited

I am very happy with my ltd. I was wanting something a little different then the million other ultras out there, and the ltd fills the gap between the ultra and the cvo. I like the paint scheme better, i like the badges better, i like the wheels better, i like the gauges better and i really like the extra engine better. This bike was built for those of us who arent yet ready to lay down the required 40k for a cvo but do want something a little "special". Either way you cant go wrong, if the ltd would not have come out i would have gotten an ultra and been just as thrilled!

I have a Ultra Limited on order with an expected ship date of 02-04-10. The dealer gives you a great deal on the new bike: any accessories at 10% off-installed. So I am getting a V&H 2 into 1 pro pipe, V&H VO2 naked free flow air filter, SE 255 cams/SE lifters and extras that they don't have to install are 20% off. I ordered one of the custom colors and I can't wait for spring. I will like summer even better, but spring will be warm enough for me as long as the snow is off the roads. I was told by the parts/service managers, the upgrades I am doing should give me an additional 12-15 HP and substantial increase in torue/pulling power. My wife has a 07 CVO Ultra Classic, so I have to have something that will hopefully at least keep up to her and hopefully this will.

So, how long before all of the bikes have the 103 motor?

I really liked the Limited at my local dealer. Still have a few more payments on my RK. I liked everything except the rider's foot rests. The stock foot rests look cheap to me. I know they are aluminum but they look like plastic. I guess I'll have to add the chrome covers when I pick up mine in a few months, hahahahahaha. I love the chrome wheels too. I don't care for the Ultra bag guards but since the limited has no guards, the classic guards will really look nice. Overall it's a pretty snazzy bike.

Finally sold my 2008 for the 16,500 a few weeks ago and now a second 2010 limited is due in for me Tuesday March 23rd. This was the longest I've tried to seel a harley and the worst beating I've taken on a deal. I'm gonna keep this one till the whells fall off. I can't afford any more beatings like this.:sd

From what a HD wrench told me is the '10 limited has the same heads and cam as the '09/'10 96in motors...only thing you are gaining is 7cubes...plus full catalytic headers...You would be better off finding a '09 classic or ultra left over and take the $$$ difference and build the '09 and still be money ahead...not to mention the performance gaines!!!

Was actually passing through looking for exhaust thoughts for my 2010 Ultra LTD i got a few weeks back;
As I have managed a few hundred miles as we are actually having a real spring in NH I think I can sum up my initial thoughts.
My first HD was a 94 FLT Ultra, they call it the road glide now or some other (EDIT) , I am not so good with HD names or Numerical Mumbo Jumbo. Now I am back on a Ultra 16 years later and in red again, my wife loves the 2 tone paint on the new bike, $1200 dollar up charge.
So without any ado here's some statistics;

1. I paid $24,999 out the door with a $300 Gift Card and 2 t's value $60.
No Setup, No Freight, No other charges.
2. I own a 103ci 2003 CVO RK, personally I like the bling, matter fact I have grown so fond of this bike I will own it till I can't ride anymore.
3. A Ducati, geesh, lets do a comparo against a Lincoln Towncar and a Lamborgini. One does not own a HD to go 150 mph nor drag your knees when navigating corners, owning a HD is as much a statement as it is a Motorcycle, something no other bike has managed to reproduce to date!!
4. For some reason I find no ligit reason NOT to buy a LTD over a regular Ultra, barring color preference (distaste for the color schemes) or the difference in Moola.
5. No matter HD I own the stock exhaust is history, that is actually how I wound up here, lurking for info, lol.
6. The LTD is a sweet ride, smushy front brakes(Dealer Fix I'm Sure), nice pull on the clutch(almost as nice as my Hydralic on my 03), Plenty of Low End Grunt for a behemoth of a MC, loud clunk to inform you of gear shift(That I do not like), 6th gear(Nice), Actually moves fairly briskly for a BIG bike, and handles much nicer than it's size would dictate.
Some Negatives;
1. (EDIT) Audio System, Harmon Kardon got this one all wrong, my I-Pod has more power, needs a sub, the radio screen washes out in the sun, you push the channel change slighly of angle and you change modes, stupid stuff that takes your attention off riding, if you put it on the bike make it work right.
2. Smushy Brakes, Loud Clunk Gear Change, exhaust not loud enough!!!!
3. Has anyone opened up their 2010, wow, my 03 looks more like a bicycle under the seat and tank. I think HD went to the extreme when they did the redo on the frame. Talk about making something non-user friendly under the hood, starting to look like a new car under the hood.
4. Love the wheels in Chrome, love chrome anyways.
So anyways, now that I got some of your attention anyone shop for an exhaust for their new bike yet??? I am leaning towards a V&H Big Shot Duals,
I have Slip On Samsons on my 03, Rolled Oval Thunder and they sound great, just wanted something different and I prefer the more understated look.
Opinions appreciated.:D

Please read this...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
Back