free website stats program 2010 Ultra Classic vs. Limited | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

2010 Ultra Classic vs. Limited

The last couple of weeks I've been researching the 2010 Limited and have pretty much decided to go with it. Wish I lived up north to be able to take advantage of the deals the dealerships are willing to make. The ones around the Houston area won't give an inch. One even had a price on the Limited that was $700 over MSRP, and that was without any additional accessories added to it. Anyone able to give me a dealership (besides going all the way to New Jersey) you'd recommend to buy from. I don't have a trade-in, just looking for a dealership that can be fair, that's all. Is that possible? The ones around here seem to think they're doing you a big favor, just to hello when you walk in the door. Not the kind of people I like doing business with, to say the least. I'm willing to travel to save. Would appreciate hearing your ideas. Thanks

Check out foreman HD in Stillwater Oklahoma. Good folks and will deal.

Thanks Walleye, just what I needed, name and location. Wisconsin sounds good too, Smitty; just wish you could have narrowed that down just a little though. Sometimes I wonder why I got into this at all. Had no idea buying a motorcycle was so complicated. Sure has changed since the 60's. I don't mind any business making a profit, just don't want to be a part owner. lol?

FYI,

The 103 in the limited does NOT have any cam upgrades, has the stock air intake, and is tuned EPA compliant.

In other words, its neutered.

Don't expect the same performance as you would get by doing the 103 big bore kit with 255 cams and intake, and dyno tuning the bike. Not by a long shot. Most of the reviews I have seen state that it pulls no harder than a 96" with the stage 1 intake, if even that.

From my perspective, the 103 motor is nothing but marketing vapor, designed to entice people into the bike thinking they are getting a performance motor based on the seeing 103" displacement.

Not even close.

It may not be as powerful as a upgrade doing it differently, but I am quite sure it pulls better than a stock 96". For all you get the limited is not a bad buy in comparrison to the stock 96". If you want max power build your own, if you want a upgrade at a decent price, the limited is not a bad deal IMO. If the limited was available when I bought I would have did it. The 96" is just fine by me.

got my stock 09 ultra middle of June 09, 12,000 km by end of august - only thing I will change in future will be smaller primary pulley & shorter belt . just seems to lug in 6th gear on hwy. better milage in 5th at 2800 rpm.
was not impressed with 2010 models ,

got my stock 09 ultra middle of June 09, 12,000 km by end of august - only thing I will change in future will be smaller primary pulley & shorter belt . just seems to lug in 6th gear on hwy. better milage in 5th at 2800 rpm.
was not impressed with 2010 models ,

Why don't you just do a stage 1? No need to mod gears and belts.

If your not impressed with ther 2010's how can you be with your 2009'? Same bike only the 2010 has some improvemenmts???
:33:

no luggin here in 6th gear. reducing the gear in the primary is gonna rev out the others faster,

I looked at both the UC and the limited, I guess it depends on if you want ABS, if so it makes sense to get the limited. for the extra money (around 2700.00) you get ABS. chrome wheels, heated grips, the nicer gauges, the 103. And I think the heated grips are great

My new 2010 limited came in this week but is still in the crate because I can't sell my 2008. I'm now asking 16,500 for it with 21,000 miles on her. With about 3 grand in chrome and no one is buying. Market seems very slow in Mississippi.

I may have to stick with the 2008 because I can't afford payments on two.:newsmile093:

Back