free website stats program 2008 Fuel System Recall? | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

2008 Fuel System Recall?

It just so happens my dealer sent a comment card I received yesterday so I wrote a letter to the General Manager. I was fair in my assesment handing out praise for the whole purchase and delivery experience and voicing my concern on this recall issue.

I've been doing business with these folks for years so I'm expecting a prompt response and corrective action...I guess we'll see !

sgsam

Well, tired of waiting for a prompt reply to my letter. It looks like I'll call the service department with the recall news. I think I'll write another letter to the GM and cc someone at HD corporate for all it's worth.

Just an update on my recall.

I did get a call from my salesman regarding my letter. I still have heard nothing from HD. Essentially, I was told that the service department does not routinely check VIN numbers for recalls. Unlike auto manufacturers, the service department does not have a direct link to Milwaukee. I told them they should use the same web site I did ! They said that would require an extra step !!!

Word to the wise. Enter your VIN number on the HD web site regularly especially when you are heading in for service.

Just an update on my recall.

I did get a call from my salesman regarding my letter. I still have heard nothing from HD. Essentially, I was told that the service department does not routinely check VIN numbers for recalls. Unlike auto manufacturers, the service department does not have a direct link to Milwaukee. I told them they should use the same web site I did ! They said that would require an extra step !!!

Word to the wise. Enter your VIN number on the HD web site regularly especially when you are heading in for service.

FYI, the dealers have a site (HD Net) that they can get all the latest info from the MOCO on. IF they aren't too lazy they would check it and the service bulletins once in a while and be aware of the recalls on certain bikes for defective parts or recalls.
If a dealer is worth a pound of salt, they know which bikes have the problems and when one comes in, it should be taken care of with no further interaction from the customer.

Thanks Glider ! I'll mention that to the dealer next time I'm in. That might, however, require an " Extra Step" which I was lead to believe was a bit too much to expect. I mean really, I only wrote them a check for 22K for their product who am I to expect an " extra step"!

Looks like I'll be using one of the other 4 dealers in my area to get service work done.

sgsam

Lots of talk about fuel pump problems on 2008 touring bikes. Went to the HD website, entered my VIN and mileage, and all that came up was routine maintenance intervals. If a recall was in effect, is this where it would show up? Does HD just send out notices and keep the info off the website? Does a dealer have a different website they can look for recall info that's not accessable to the general public?

I figure if I keep obsessing about it, it won't happen to my bike!
I have a 08 Heritage. Is this recall just for the touring family.

I just picked up my 08 Road King Classic 10 days ago and today my buddy told me about this "recall" I also called my dealership and they said they were already looking into it. I'll be sure to be looking for a notice in the mail.

Don't wait too long. I never did get a notice in the mail from HD. I ran my VIN number on the HD web site, printed a copy of the recall and brought it to the dealer. When they received the repair kits they called and scheduled the work.

sgsam

Back