free website stats program 2008 Fuel System Recall? | Page 6 | Harley Davidson Forums

2008 Fuel System Recall?

Just got my recall notice in the mail today. My local HD said they don't even have the parts in yet, but I'm on the top of their list to call soon as they come in. I'll still call them in the next day or two.

I knew I wasn't CRAZY that day that I did a u-ee and the bike stalled... or the "chug-chug-chug" sound it makes at times... and I just got back from a 5000 3 week journey! How lucky am I that something bad didn't happen!!

But in searching this topic, I found y'alls forum, so now I'm here!

Just curious, what are the details of the recall? :6:

Glider,
I have a 07 RKC. I'm not familar with the IDS you're talking about. Was there something I missed. I haven't recieved any recall notices. Is there some place I can go to check for recall notices?

Thanks in advance

Walt

Thanks Glider,
I saw the post you did on the IDS. I should have done a little more reading.
Looks like a good investment.

Thanks again

Walt

Is it just me being a little paranoid, skeptical or nitpicky, but that fuel pump filter is PLASTIC. Plastic is a petroleum product, it outgasses (no pun intended) i.e. drys out and fatigues when stressed. It was used as a low cost alternative only on carbureted fuel systems with low 5-9 psi fuel pump pressures early on. :newsmile022:

But in the modern world of fuel injection (in the automotive world anyway), I do not recall anyone using plastic fittings or fuel filters, considering fuel pressures of 50-80 PSI, and the harsh high temperature, high vibration environment they live. Sometimes solid metal fuel injection line used short lengths of fuel injection hose ONLY to ease service using special clamps and such in easily accessed areas for replacement...looks like plenty of room for the aftermarket vendors here...if rider survives to replace it! :small3d031:

Back