free website stats program 2008 Fuel System Recall? | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

2008 Fuel System Recall?

Bulletin #M-1224- Safety Recall Code 0135 Dated July 28, 2008 to the dealers. Kits should be arriving by Aug 4 at the dealers for repairs.

08 Bike Fuel Pump/filter Problems - Harley Davidson Community

I called the dealer in regards to the recall notice I received and he said they didn't have any kits yet and to call back in a week. I called back a week later and dealer said they got some kits in but they have to do the bikes that are in the shop already for service which makes sense. I decided I am just gonna drive the bike till it breaks and they will fix it right away as I usually see them act fast when they have a BIKE DOWN. Oh and they also said that not all bikes require replacement and they actually have to remove possible defective part and check serial number as only a certain range are defective. ( as told to me by service writer at dealership)

I would definitely have a talk with your dealer - this recall's been out for awhile now. Getting the part in seems to be the major problem at most dealerships - maybe that's why they didn't mention it - no part on hand. Still a poor excuse for not telling you your bike is part of the recall when you have it in to THEIR place for routine maintenance.

It just so happens my dealer sent a comment card I received yesterday so I wrote a letter to the General Manager. I was fair in my assesment handing out praise for the whole purchase and delivery experience and voicing my concern on this recall issue.

I've been doing business with these folks for years so I'm expecting a prompt response and corrective action...I guess we'll see !

sgsam

I just got the survey from Harley stating that it has been 18 months since I bought my bike and they wanted to hear from me about the experience.:lolrolling

I filled the whole thing out and added an extra page with the survey with all my other comments that I'm sure they really didn't want to hear and it sat here until the next day waiting to mail it, then I tore it up! :D

They really don't want to hear from me about their product or the dealer experiences I had so I saved them the trouble of throwing it in the basket.:cheers LOL

You should have mailed it.We have a meeting every quarter about the questionnaires.Good and bad we see them.It has a direct effect on how Harley treats a dealership.(edit)Contribute or be part of the problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL, Good for you Glider, I always wait before I burn my bridges, I figure the water is low enough that you can still walk across the fjord, but just in case you send it on, another rule of thumb is to delete all the adjectives before you send anything :D. :s

Honestly Fisher, after calling Harley HQ to get some info from them on a previous bike that had a problem and wait on hold for 45 minutes, then be transferred to some bean counter that referred me back to the dealer for the info , I feel they don't have much interest in the customers input but rather take good care of the share holders and at the customers expense.

Furthermore a "great" company like HD that has no email address or 800 number speaks volumes about them IMO.

What about the IDS system that the company could have given some help to the 07 owners other than the program that they instituted which was more of an insult to the loyal customers than anything else. They should have bitten the bullet for their poor engineering mistake and furnished the IDS for the 07 touring owners rather than selling it to them for $305 and charging to put it on if you had it done prior to their GREAT offer, which came more than mid way through the year. They called that an "enhancement" so they wouldn't have to pay for it to be retrofitted to the 07's on the road already, then the 08 bikes come fitted with the IDS from the factory...enhancement my foot.....they let the customer test the product and then charge them to fix the deficiencies.

You wonder why I feel the way I do about the dealers and the company?

Back