free website stats program 2007 FB noise in 5th gear. | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

2007 FB noise in 5th gear.

I am new to the forum. I Just signed up to learn all I can about the Softail Harleys. Back in the day I owned a Honda then a BSA Chopper and then a 900 and 1000 Sportster.

I recently ordered an 07 Herritage Softail. I just learned about 5th gear and over heating problems with the 07's from this Forum

Has anyone put substantial miles on an 07 yet ? If so, are you finding any overheating and 5th gear problems?

Should I cancel the order and get an 06 or wait on the 08's?

FH
I'm really disappointed with the noise of 5rh geard noise. It IS a real nuicents to me. I wish I had my 2005 ElectraGlide Standard back. And, I understand it's fixed in 2008. I think I'd cancel and wait for an '08.

Humm? Gone in 2008? I have a 2008 FLHTCU and 5th gear whines and all the other gears are quiet. I really don't mind the noise at all. It's not really loud or obnoxious sounding. It's just a little whine....my $.02 worth. :)

Humm? Gone in 2008? I have a 2008 FLHTCU and 5th gear whines and all the other gears are quiet. I really don't mind the noise at all. It's not really loud or obnoxious sounding. It's just a little whine....my $.02 worth. :)

Probably because you have the IDS on the 08 models from the factory.The 07 bikes were LOUD without the IDS!

I just bought 2 new '08 heritage softtail classics, one for me and one for my wife. I'm sorry to say that the 5th gear noise is still present in both of these machines. Both bikes have just over 100 miles on them.

I really didn't notice much noise (in any gear) on my 07. I had the SE slip-ons installed but they weren't really loud. I did have some issues with down-shifting though...

Let's hope that the MOCO get's it in gear and comes out with the IDS for the softails now too. It makes a heck of a difference on the baggers.

Back