free website stats program 2007 FB noise in 5th gear. | Page 6 | Harley Davidson Forums

2007 FB noise in 5th gear.

Thanks Glider...as always you are a fountain of great information.

Thanks!

Take a look through the self help forum using the link at the bottom of this post. There's a lot of useful info info in there that may help you out.:s

Glider,
You are correct, My buddy has a 07 RK and I advised him (learned from this site) to have it installed at his 1000 mile service. He could not beleive the change in the bike. We swapped rides (have rode this bike in the past) and huge change in the bike. Now if they would come out with it for the softails.:devil
The dealer/motocompany did cover part of the labor on the install of this, I waited to see if they would offer it and they did, he has bought 3 rides from them and LOTS of bling!

I'm sure in time they will come out with the IDS for the softail but it makes a very HUGE difference in the baggers. Many complaints in softails too but the heavier bikes seemed to be the dividing line with the noises.

I was getting very discouraged with the noise in mine until I installed the IDS. Now I am a happy camper.

Glad your buddy listened to you and I am sure he is too.:s

He was very happy with the change, he seemed to doubt me at first, then at the first light we stopped at he ahd smiles all over his face:D.
And he is my boss as well, so I earned a few points with him:s

I've heard about the IDS, but really don't know any details. Do you need special tools to install it?

Glider , I have a 2008 FLSTC on order scheduled to ship Dec 12th and arrive at the dealer around Dec 17th. I was thinking the issue with 5 gear was fixed in the 08's? Should I cancel my order? What do you guy's think ...this is my first Harley, I had a Yamaha Road Star and it had a trany recall and after which it made a high pitch wine that my HD buddies could hear ...I guess with the V&H Long Shots and my high freq hearing lost (from hunting) I really could not notice it that much. What would you do ...go ahead a buy the 08 or ??

Scott

There aren't that many softails with an objectionable noise. It's mainly the heavier bikes that make the noise and they have been taken care of with the IDS system.

The right gear oil will help in the transmission to quiet it a bit if it is noisy but I would go ahead and buy the bike if you really want it.

Glider I really do like the bike, I test rode all the touring line of 08's bikes and FLTSC back to back....even with a predisosition toward the Road King because that was what the Road Star was simular to, I really loved the feel of the FLSTC and after one last ride on the Heritage to confirm ...both me and my wife agreed that it was the one for us. I do want the bike which brings me to two quick questions...

1. Should I buy the extented warranty?...5 year?

2. I live SC should I get the HD oil cooler kit from the get go ? Or just wait till summer and install one myself?

Thanks

Scott

Back