free website stats program 1999 Road King - I feel sick to my stomach | Page 8 | Harley Davidson Forums

1999 Road King - I feel sick to my stomach

PM sent, Bubbie, thanks for the heads up on this one.....much appreciated. Bubbie, appreciated our converstation the other night and your unconditional willingness to get me back on the road. Maybe Calgary and myself can work something out.......the riding season here is winding down fast. 100 degress today, but low of 42 degrees on Sunday with a high of 72. As they say in Indiana, if you dont like the weather stick around it will change any minute. Once again, thanks to all the members for their assistance, this 4M is great and when things get better definately will be donating to the cause!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will do what I can to help you out as quick as I can. I know what its' like, believe me.

Thanks BUM,
(you can call him that, he said so once):cheers

Helping rking_99 is appreciated.. I've been there my self,needing help, Now I usually only Give it, once in a while you need to take help when it is offered...:D

Keep us abreast of the happenings please..

signed....BUBBIE

Yes. Please call me Bum. Thats fine. And I will drag out parts this weekend , send pics and ship if they suit him. I remember when HD screwed up my piston rings (right rings but .10 over pistons). Waited for delivery truck like a kid at Christmas. Worked all night to assemble my engine and get it in bike. Alot of satisfaction to be riding with boys again that weekend. So believe me I know what having your bike down in riding season means. Will do my best. :)

Today has turned out to be a great day for this ole man. Found a used cam plate from a rider in town here. Installed this afternoon, being careful and remindful of all the helpful tips for putting it back together. Primed the pump, lay it on its left side, make sure all o-rings in place and not pinched, ground the plug wires as to not cause further damage, bump started 10 seconds, let cool 30 seconds, bump starter 10 seconds,....OMG the red oil light went out, say it again, the red oil light went out. Now all left to do was put the plugs back in and try it running. It was knocking a bit until the lifters were pumped up again, after about two minutes running and nothing but the sweet sound of a HD Twin Cam running smoothly. It feels like Christmas............I want to thank all the members especially Glider, Bum, and last but not least BUBBIE. Thanks to you and the Greatest 4M on the net.

Thanks Glider, will keep saving the money for the hydraulic conversion this winter.....but for now you are right again..................get on it and ride on:D

I have been following this thread as have a lot of members. We all share in your victory!! This forum has helped many riders and it is always gratifying each time we hear that a member is back on the road. Nice work and ride safe. Don

rking_99

Make sure you keep an eye on the oil level.....CLOSELY as to see IF it is using any at all... That run without oil could STILL jump out and BITE:bigsmiley18:

signed....BUBBIE

rking_99

Make sure you keep an eye on the oil level.....CLOSELY as to see IF it is using any at all... That run without oil could STILL jump out and BITE:bigsmiley18:

signed....BUBBIE

After this experience, I plan on doing alot of things differently. Will be switching to Mobile 1 Syn, will change oil and filter tomorrow after a 40-50 mile ride, due for 30K service and will take a members advice with Redline Shockproof Heavy for Trans Lube and Redline Primary Lube. Also something that has stuck in my mind from ready other posts in here, will never use the transmission to slow me down anymore, no more downshifting ------will love that crank and treat her with loving care as I have treated the crank (lol - love you honey) that I married over twenty years ago.

The 4M has provided me with a ton of information and I had to start a journal to keep track of all the things to do and do them the right way.

After reading my first post on here and researching my issue, I stopped by the HD dealership and bought the BIBLE...........couldnt have done it without it and the guidance from the 4M members.

Guys, thanks for your help and someday maybe I can help someone on this 4M. :cheers

You will get your chance to help someone, even if it's just directing them to the forum.

rking_99

signed....BUBBIE
Quoted for truth.

Good luck,
Rich P

Back