free website stats program 1997 road king Hey guys i got myself screwed up was hoping for advise and help. | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

1997 road king Hey guys i got myself screwed up was hoping for advise and help.

This thing is def prob gonna be a paper weight. Lol Im looking at time on tuesday ,wednesday to get it off there and put this one on. Ill keep ya updated.

Well i cant figure out how to post the video but its idling fine...As soon as i give it any gas engine spits,shakes,backfires,dies,puff of white smoke out of carb

I still think you have a timing issue, what's the chance you have 2 bad carb's? You can try adjusting the settings on the carb but I think it's timing related. JMHO.

Yes i think you are right . Static timing doesnt work so (if you was me) what would you do now? Get a timing light and (even tho ive never done it)time it? Ive watchedva few videos on it and its not looking to difficult.Im also thinking the jets in both these carbs could be wrong for my bike.both have 46-190 but i can time it first? Then go ahead and mess with carb later? It idle s nice .All i need is it idling to time it? I haveva clear plug so basically just need get myself a timing light? Thank you

Using the clear plug is VERY difficult. I've tried many times with no good results. The distance from the end of the plug to the flywheel must be exactly right so the oil film doesn't hinder the light reflection. A few thou. too close and the end of the plug gets scuffed and you can't see through it.

Finally got to it today, had a good time riding, took it out for a good long ride. It idle fine,hesitates some(not bad) off start, bikes seems to not have as much power as it used to.Under load(uphill) seems to work alot harder.

Back