free website stats program 103 oil leaking from air intake | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

103 oil leaking from air intake

Okay...I'm glad i read this thread. I was a little mad to see oil in my breather just a couple of days ago. I checked my oil level just now and it's just below the half way mark on the jiffy stand mark of the dipstick.

I am a certifed harley tec and the post above are right. The dealers are saying that because they do not want to deal with it. Just get it hot, let it idle a few minutes and check it. You will want it a little below the full mark. Good luck.

This is my first posting so i dont quite know how it works. I have a 2011 road glide ultra 103, with 6,000 miles on it. after the first oil change at 1000 miles it started leaking oil from the air filter area, onto the motor and blows back onto saddlebags. I have asked 3 dealers about it and they say its normal. 1 suggested that i put in too much oil. I am spot on on the amount, so that cant be it. My first harley. I have had 5 hondas before this and i know for a fact that this would never happen with a honda. dont get me wrong i love the harley if only it didnt leak
I found oil in my filter as well. I checked the oil level when I got home to find it over filled by 1/3 a quart. I removed the excess oil (and made a mess:newsmile070:). I just wanted to let you know that your post has helped me. Thanks. Thanks to everyone that helped as well. :bigsmiley24:

Last edited:
Isn't it ironic to read your owner/service manual IRT oil level check...only to know you're going to fill below their recommended level(s)...I run mine right between full & low & it cleared my a/c drip problem.

Isn't it ironic to read your owner/service manual IRT oil level check...only to know you're going to fill below their recommended level(s)...I run mine right between full & low & it cleared my a/c drip problem.

AGREE... I think the manual, "owners guide" is written by the engineers and NO input is EVER taken from the RIDER and OWNERS of these machines...

Not bashing engineers but joke goes,,,, You can tell an engineer but you Can't tell them Much...:lolrolling

signed....BUBBIE

HDT to the rescue once again! I've often said this is a living service manual for your Harley. I haven't seen many problems the collective intelligence/experience of the group can't solve. Rock on.
Ishmael

I have oil in my air filter as well. When I check my oil level hot or cold it marks half way? Other times I check it hot or cold it marks 1/4 full? I cant figure it out but Im running it until the next oil change and see what happens.

I have recently started having the same problem with oil leaking out of the air filter. I am a full quart low with oil so the theory of over filling does not apply to me. Any suggestions??

Noticed the oil on my air filter backing plate was a reddish color. Switched my K&N filter out with the old filter I had and went for a ride. Small amount of oil found. Reduced it by a lot. Maybe when I re-oiled my K&N I over oiled and it was drawing oil from my filter itself. Maybe something to look at for u guys.

This is my first posting so i dont quite know how it works. I have a 2011 road glide ultra 103, with 6,000 miles on it. after the first oil change at 1000 miles it started leaking oil from the air filter area, onto the motor and blows back onto saddlebags. I have asked 3 dealers about it and they say its normal. 1 suggested that i put in too much oil. I am spot on on the amount, so that cant be it. My first harley. I have had 5 hondas before this and i know for a fact that this would never happen with a honda. dont get me wrong i love the harley if only it didnt leak

Do you have a screaming eagle heavy breather on it? I just had the same problem and it was the gaskets that were dry rotted and the dealer replaced them and there is not leaking anymore.

Back