free website stats program 09 wobble? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

09 wobble?

There was a post from France that a 09 ultra had a frane out of line but I would think that would cause a bit more than a wobbel on decel. Hobbit also mentioned he had an issue with a wobbel on decel around 30 with his bagger.

My 08 SG does the same thing. Most noticeable at lower speeds on decel. Tire pressures normal, according to frame placard and owners manual.

That should be obvious, 09. :) Glad you got it figured out though.

I hope you took it as a funny as no intent to offend anyone, just could not refuse the opportunity! I do feel a little foolish as I thought I had the air pressure correct. I guess it is a lesson that it needs to be checked more often in the cooler months.

Guys, I have had no complaints about this bike, I love it. If I were not to have let go of the bars, I would never known this was a deal. Just trying to find out if it is normal. Hopefully someone can try and see if it happens for them as well. Tire pressure is normal.

My bike does it too. My front tire was 3 lbs low.

My rear pressure is low but I am unable to use my air compressor to adjust it.
With the lace wheel, brake rotor, etc, on my bagger, I can't seem to get the correct angle to add air using my compressor. I have the short stubby nozzle.

Any suggestions?

Any suggestions?

You need one of these, they not expensive at all.

17-5565.jpg

I hope you took it as a funny as no intent to offend anyone, just could not refuse the opportunity! I do feel a little foolish as I thought I had the air pressure correct. I guess it is a lesson that it needs to be checked more often in the cooler months.

Ultra, don't feel foolish, feel informed...when Dunlop ran a check at one of the US GP Races, by offering a free tire check inspection, as well as pre-testing the tires they changed over the 3 days, over 70% of the streetbikes they checked the air pressure on were typically 5-15 PSI under inflated. :58:

BTW, the brass inflation attachment Glider showed above is 99 cents at Big Lots...no excuse not to have one!

Back