free website stats program 09 wobble? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

09 wobble?

LOL!! I've even replaced some NEW parts with some OLD parts after finding out that the new "FIX" for a problem turned out to be worse than the original problem!!!!

OK, change my nick to (OOPS)!! I just got back from a 90 mile round trip, (temp is currently 71 degrees) and prior to leaving I checked air pressure. I am embarassed to say the front was 31 lbs and the rear 34 lbs. I could have sworn I had just checked the tires prior to my last ride. Anyway, I filled the front to 41 lbs and the rear to 42 lbs and there is absolutely no indication of any wobble or pull at all. I Good thing I never mentioned this to the other (better) half.......:wall

Lift the front tire, check bearing end play and compare with the manual.
Check the torque on the nuts that holds the bracket to the front axle.
A defective tire is another option. Spin the front tire by hand and look for any bulges on the threads or sides of the tire.

You may want to spin the wheels with the bike off the ground and watch for any wobble in the tire groove of the tread. It may indicate some tread separation from running the pressure low.

Oh jeez, here we go. Here's a quick, inexpensive fix that WON'T void your warranty...keep your hands on the bar.

Oh jeez, here we go. Here's a quick, inexpensive fix that WON'T void your warranty...keep your hands on the bar.

We had one at work doing the same thing and the moco tech rep said other than tire pressure---you aren't supposed to ride with no hands,

An out of balance tire might also do it or if you have laced wheels it could be out of true.

Back