free website stats program 06 dyna Rotor-Stator | Page 9 | Harley Davidson Forums

06 dyna Rotor-Stator

Hi All:
I'm ready to install my new one-piece (welded) rotor and new stator. The wires on the stator are not colored-coded or otherwise marked. Can I assume that the new stator is wired the same as the old one? IOW, can I note where the old wires go into the connector (1,2,3) and route the wires from the new stator the same?

HOOPLE: I still have my old stator if you still need one for research.

QehQeh

Just let me know exactly what parts you need and where to send them and you can have them.
WAP.gif

HOOPLE,
Just picked up bike.......(and old parts) $530.00 repair.
Dealer trying to get me a "Good Will Refund"....(SURE)

I can try to get pictures in here (if you like).

GrayBear

HOOPLE,
(and old parts) $530.00 repair.
I can try to get pictures in here (if you like).

GrayBear

$530 for a Rotor/Stator/Regulator? That would be a "too good" of a price. That must be for a Rotor/Stator/labor which is still not too bad.

Pictures? Are you kidding me.. I love pictures of old parts. It completes that mental image you need when you hear the "BANG":p

Hoop!

Hoople:

can't get them on this posting ??????

GrayBear

I can Help you. The easiest way to do it, is as follows:

1) Place the photos you want to upload in a special folder. Give it a really special name like "I Love HD Talking" so they will be easy to find.
2) Go to the thread you want to post them on and click "Post Reply"
3) Type in any words you may want to say.
4) Scroll down and click "Manage Attachments"
5) You will now see (5) boxes that say "Browse". Click the 1st browse box.
6) Go to the folder called "I Love HD Talking", click on your 1st photo and hit "Upload". Repeat to 2,3,4, Browse etc if you have more than 1 picture.
7) Click "Post Reply"

If today is your lucky day... Everything will work.

Hi All:
Please read my post in the "2006 Dyna inner primary bearing problem?" thread, as it also has important info regarding the stator/rotor issues.
Thanks much,
QehQeh

HD Australia came to the party for me with parts. My bike was 3 months out of warranty and they supplied new primary chain, clutch rotor, new welded stator and all new seals and gaskets. No labour though so i bought a workshop manual and did it myself.

Back