free website stats program 04-07 HD DTC Codes and Activation | Page 8 | Harley Davidson Forums

04-07 HD DTC Codes and Activation

Who's SLIDER? :D

Most of the codes deal with incorrect signals to the ECM from a few sensors. I would check wiring plugs in the harness to those sensors all the way back to the ECM for corrosion or bad connections.

Thanks bro....I'm on it. Let you know what I find. OMG! I did call you Slider didn't I? I must be flustered.....or i've watched 'Top Gun' too many times.... :)

captm

Pulled all the connectors to all the sensors except the ET. It looked ok (the boot was tight) as did all the others. It started....idled low and rough, burning rich. Didn't get the MAP sensor code but still had the other 3. Any chance one of the sensors went bad? I'm ready to take her to the doctor....she's sick.

Yeah...that looked fine. I did have an issue with a broken wire on the resistor for my Kuryakyn LED lights last week that caused my left turn signal to flash fast and my security key light to come on. I read the code and fixed that. Don't think they are related. This has me baffled. Everything was normal when this problem occurred. It wasn't a real hot day and I had only ridden for a few miles.

CAPTMARK

I hope you got your problem resolved. If not:
Ensure your IAC (Idle Air Control) plug is connected properly. See your service manual for location on your model. It should be above the air intake on your throttle body. It is a 4 connector waterproof plug.

Otherwise post what your fix was. We would all like to know.

Slider.:newsmile100: hahahaha Loved it!

Checked all the plugs, IAC included. Even had it apart and cleaned it. No change. Planning on hauling it to Harley for the $200 plug-in....out of ideas. Could it have overheated and blown the ET sensor? Can't believe it would have done that. I just changed the oil and it was full. Like I said it was a moderate day, not blazing hot and I had only ridden about 5 miles. Baffled and broke.

Well after almost two months, I finally got my problem fixed....ECM failed. Upgraded to the ThunderMax Hi-Perf ECM for a couple hundred more than the OEM but it will be worth it in the long run. Thanks to everyone for their input....The Captain is back!

Just wanted to thank Mr. Data for all the attached informaiton - Man I cannot tell you how helpful this informaiton was! The Info was right on and helpded us out greatly. Thx Brother I hope I can return the favor!

ejohn90472 in Southern Calif

Back