free website stats program Your Favourite Riding Book or Magazine | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Your Favourite Riding Book or Magazine

Practicing in an open area sounds like a really good idea. Mike (my husband) has been saying I ought do this. I'm planning to do this ... once the bike's back to being insured.
Since this will be the second summer of riding, I may end up having to relearn entirely to ride. (I dunno: I didn't have to relearn when I was riding a bicycle: but this is a motorcycle: is it any different?)

IMO this becomes learned behavior that said practice will hone your skills:s,

(I dunno: I didn't have to relearn when I was riding a bicycle: but this is a motorcycle: is it any different?)

Different motorcycles ride differently, and it takes time to really master each type of motorcycle. Just like riding a 10-speed is more complicated than a 1-speed. My first motorcycle was a dirt bike, and riding a street bike required different skills.

When I started riding my Harley it was more fun to ride on early Sunday and Saturday mornings because there was very little traffic. For me, starting out very early was better than going far away to find an open area.

Good Luck

:44:

Last edited:
Back