free website stats program Your Favourite Riding Book or Magazine | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Your Favourite Riding Book or Magazine

perhaps contact a driving school, and ask to sit in on the acadamic, portion of the classes, or try to aquire their teaching syalbus and reference material.

:sI saw your letter, nicely done, is all OK with your husband and bike?

Neat.
The bike was a complete Write-Off: Insurance Corporation of British Columbia paid him out for it. He paid it off, and had a bit left over (Which he's spent on a something or the other: not a Harley)
As for he, himself: well ... he's got to go and get an operation to have a shoulder tendon sewn. He's been off work for the past few months.

Neat.
The bike was a complete Write-Off: Insurance Corporation of British Columbia paid him out for it. He paid it off, and had a bit left over (Which he's spent on a something or the other: not a Harley)
As for he, himself: well ... he's got to go and get an operation to have a shoulder tendon sewn. He's been off work for the past few months.

Sorry to hear that, Thanks for checking back in:s

Sorry to hear that, Thanks for checking back in:s

M'Kay: It's a Suzuki Boulevard. C-50. (No clue what that means: it's just part of the title of it ... I think)
He's quite fascinated with it. It's got a Shaft-drive, and a radiator, for liquid-cooling, and ... and ... and ... (As you can tell, I'm not terribly interested:s; It'll be fun to ride with him again, next summer. That's about it, for me.) He's been cleaning it and learning about it.

M'Kay: It's a Suzuki Boulevard. C-50. (No clue what that means: it's just part of the title of it ... I think)
He's quite fascinated with it. It's got a Shaft-drive, and a radiator, for liquid-cooling, and ... and ... and ... (As you can tell, I'm not terribly interested:s; It'll be fun to ride with him again, next summer. That's about it, for me.) He's been cleaning it and learning about it.

M'kay: Back to the original reason for this thread: "Favourite Riding book or magazine."

Recently, I purchased the "Cycle World: Buyer's Guide" several hundred bikes listed, with their specifications. Because he has interest in all motorcycles, my Hubby has this magazine as his current favourite. (My favourite listing in it currently is the "HD Iron 883". It looks interesting.)

Thank you, everyone, for your replies. If you have replies that list something other than the ones that are already listed, feel free to list them also.

Canadian Biker Magazine and "Ride Like A Pro - The Book"..

And the factory service manual and Owner's Manual.

I've been riding for a looooong time, and think the "Ride Like a Pro" videos are great. I go to an abandoned shopping center parking lot at least once a month and practice for at least 1/2 hr. Every time I finish I feel a little more comfortable with my ability to maintain control.

I've been riding for a looooong time, and think the "Ride Like a Pro" videos are great. I go to an abandoned shopping center parking lot at least once a month and practice for at least 1/2 hr. Every time I finish I feel a little more comfortable with my ability to maintain control.

Practicing in an open area sounds like a really good idea. Mike (my husband) has been saying I ought do this. I'm planning to do this ... once the bike's back to being insured.
Since this will be the second summer of riding, I may end up having to relearn entirely to ride. (I dunno: I didn't have to relearn when I was riding a bicycle: but this is a motorcycle: is it any different?)

Back