free website stats program You guys won't believe this | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

You guys won't believe this

Status
Not open for further replies.
IAFF, good to hear that you and the dealer got things sorted out. Customer satisfaction is really going to make the difference on both sides of the consumer equation. When you get your new ride, enjoy it and take pictures...I think most HDT posters here want MOCO and the dealer to do well, but they have to earn the trust and reputation with each transaction they make...any misstep will be multiplied by the speed news travels over the cell phone or Internet too rapidly to ignor.

IAFF, Congratulations are in order for you AND your dealer. You both handled this situation as gentlemen, and have reached the best possible outcome for you both.
You get the quality of purchase that you paid for, and the dealer retains a satisfied customer.
The "word of mouth" publicity he should gain from this will be priceless.

What a Bummer, I would Have asked for another Bike, I would not want someting New with problems like that, Talk to the Manager of the Store and tell Him that You refuse to take it, I hope things work out for you!

IAFF, I am waiting to hear how you like the new street bob they are setting up for you. Since I a little prejudiced towards them myself.
Good upstanding dealer you have there. Like you my closest one does not get my business any more for anything. I buy my bikes elsewhere and my parts mostly mail order or ebay.
I went into a dealership last summer, just to stretch my legs and see if they had a crossbones on the floor. It was on the coast and I had ridden over to get out of the heat. Well, all I can say is they got a big thumbs up from me. I was greeted at the door with a big smile and a handshake, that turned out to be the owner, Gary Bang. Then the two girls had big smiles and asked if I need any help in the clothing department. I wandered into the sales area and a salesman strides up, asks me where I am from and what soft drink I wanted. He got that for me and wanted to know if I needed any info or had any questions. We chatted a bit and by then I am thinking I need to be a customer somehow, so I went to the parts counter and bought a new gasket for my derby cover, even though I really didn't need one.
That is a dealership. It would be nice if they could all be like that. I think yours in Illinois is just about the same deal. People that appreciate getting my money are the ones I leave it with.
I know you will like your new FXDB and I can't wait to get your impression after giving it a good break in. :)

Update:small3d026:
I could not have asked to be treated better that this.
Later

I guess not, you have one ethical dealer.

I just read this today so I'm a little late, but I thought I'd tell you I had an identical experience with a new bike once. It turned out to be the voltage regulator that wasn't properly fastened at the factory and with a few bumps and vibes I was left with a dead bike in a pending lightning storm several miles down the road from the dealer. Didn't have my cell phone either...

Anyway, since they treated you so nice, you might want to mention this to them. It's likely a simple fix.

It's nice to hear that Harley took care of you. Just like any store, if your treated right, you'll be back. But Harley isn't just any store. This purchase cost you big bucks. It will probably be a little hassle for the dealer to return or fix you OLD bike, but it's a write off to them. It's a matter of making you happy. And yes, word of mouth about good things means alot. It doesn't take long for news to travel among bikers at rallys, Hog meetings and especially HDTimeline. It's a post that should be saved and printed. Have a problem with a dealer, tell to read this :shock

I would've requested a different bike too. And I would cancel the deal if they didn't respond favorably (I think the timeframe is 3 days... and since they've probably used that much time chasing this problem that time may be extended?) I'm not suggesting that's what you do, I'm just saying that's what I would do.

Nevermind, I guess they took care of it. Good deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back