free website stats program Would you buy a bike off of ebay? | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Would you buy a bike off of ebay?

Just sold a 2007 Goldwing on ebay. went well everyone happy got what i was asking. now buying a 2008 Ultra Classic. Not on Ebay this time

Last edited by a moderator:
Just remember Ebay is not a place, it is a tool, and as with any tool you have to use common sense and be safe. If use correctly it's going to help get a job done quicker and more eficiantly. If not or your careless you might get hurt,burned or what ever.!!!

I would only buy one through ebay if i could PHYSICALY check it out first before handing my hard earned Cash via the Net to someone i don't know from a Bar of Soap.

I've personally never purchased from EBay but I have had many friends do so. Some have had great experiances and some have gotten hosed big time. From what I've seen just make sure you check the sellers credibility. I personally dont mind just goin to the local shop and getting stuff or ordering online.

I tend to disagree on this. I've bought and sold several motorcycles on eBay and it all comes down to the seller. Most of the bikes I buy have been from fellow enthusiasts and if you know how - it's not too difficult to weed out the bad ones. Some dealerships are run more on profit and less on customer relations and I'd rather have the communications with the owner - discuss modifications, issues etc. Just my .2 cents worth but if you read my feedback from the five motorcycles I've sold on eBay, you'll see the purchasers were all very happy!

Most of the precaution stuff has been covered, already.

Have bought a lot and sold a few bikes off Ebay, mostly for the collection, and some riders.

Has worked out well, with some caution taken.

Have also bought from some well established auctions by

phone or internet.

The only live auction I've gone to , recently, is the annual auction in Vegas on January.

Back